Chapter 18

[3rd Person POV]

Since everyone has stood on their respective podiums, Monokuma initiated the beginning of Ogami Sakura, The Ultimate Martial Artist's Class Trial.

And while it doesn't hurt any less to lose another friend, they have to move forward without them.

[CLASS TRIAL: IN SESSION!]

"Alright, are we gonna lose another student? Or will this entire school life come to an end? Without further ado, let's get this started! The long awaited Class Trial!"

Monokuma cheered from his seat while the students mentally prepared themselves for the hurt and verbal showdown that's about to happen.

"The culprit is either, Togami, Fukawa, or Hagakure! After all, Sakura chan called all three of you to the recreation room!"
Asahina pointed an accusing finger at the 3, prompting the Ultimate Heir to respond.

"It's true that I did get such a note from her, but I wasn't foolish enough to go!"

"I-I didn't go either!"
Hagakure denied.

"What a blatantly obvious lie."
Y/N muttered with almost disappointed eyes.

It's honestly amazing how Hagakure was still able to disappoint him despite how far down he already is.

"Ngh... I saw it with my own eyes! Hagakure Yasuhiro was the culprit!"

Fukawa pointed at the clairvoyant.

"Y-You saw me!?"

"I did!"

"What do you mean?"
Naegi questioned the bookworm.

"I-I was summoned by Ogami Sakura. But I was scared, so I got there first and hid in the locker. And then..."

Fukawa said in detail how she saw Hagakure grab a bottled Monokuma figurine and smashed it on Ogami's head before he fled the room.

"She's lying!"
He denied it again.

"I see... So it was you!?"

"N-No!"

"Death sentence! You deserve to be executed! Alright, we can cast our votes now, right!?"

Y/N just watched the entire thing unfold, not even sure when's the good time to say anything.

"Yes! He's the one who killed her with a surprise blow."
Fukawa accused, this is when Y/N knew it was time to say something.

Naegi was supposed to do it, but the Information Broker got to her first.

"That's where you're wrong, kiddo!"

*BREAK*

"Y'all really can't be bothered to stay in the crime scene more than once and a couple of hums, huh? Ogami chan got bonked in the head twice right, Naegi chan?"
Y/N refuted, causing Hagakure to agree with him and Naegi to nod in agreement.

"H-He's right!"

"W-Well, I'm pretty sure he hit her head twice--"

"No, I only hit her once!"

"So you admit you hit her?"
Kirigiri confronted the clairvoyant.

"I-I mean... I thought Ogre was gonna kill me. So I panicked."
He finally confessed after convincing nobody that he didn't do it.

It isn't even a good attempt, but whatever.

"Fukawa!"
Togami called out to the Ultimate Writing Prodigy