Chapter 7

[3rd Person POV]

After days had passed since the trial of Sayaka Maizono and Leon Kuwata had ended, the rest of the students tried their best to move past that event and live their lives as best as they could with the circumstances they are presented with.

Of course, a few outliers will always be outliers, for example: Togami Byakuya, who did not want to do anything with his peers other than triumph over them in this Game of Death.

But despite this, the Class would always try to look after the others as much as they can.

On this particular day, however... Naegi Makoto, our main protagonist on the other side of the coin, would fall victim... to being forced as a judge for a competition of who's the manliest.

Mondo Owada and Kiyotaka Ishimaru had yet to settle the score between them to see who has the "biggest balls" and Naegi Makoto was unfortunate enough to be caught within the crossfire of these two.

And as they forcefully carried the luckster with them, the cafeteria was left with only a handful of students.

"Aaaa... With how loud those two are going, I feel so bad for Naegi."
said Asahina before taking a bite of one of her donuts.

Sakura Ogami only grunted a reply.

"Well, it's still nice to see everyone so lively, after all the bad things that happened."
The swimmer followed up.

Celestia Ludenburg sat alone on a table quite a distance from the students, and Kirigiri Kyoko had long since left the cafeteria to continue her investigations on the second floor.

"Wait! There's still one person we haven't seen today!"

This caught the gambler's attention, knowing full well who the swimmer was talking about.

"Who is it, Asahina?"
Ogami asked with slight concern.

"L/N! Ishimaru kun was already mad that he was late earlier, but he said he also couldn't get him to answer his door, so he gave up."
Explained Asahina, but the more she explained, the more she became worried.

"What if something bad happened to him?! Do you think he's...."
The swimmer was about to freak out but was stopped and interrupted by Celeste.

"No, he isn't."

"C-Celeste san...?"

"I find it highly improbable for someone like him to get killed so easily."

The gambler took a sip from her tea, her words full of confidence.

"Judging from what we've seen from him, he knows how to fight, at the very least, hold his own. I also agree with Celeste san."
Ogami nodded, causing Asahina's worries to lessen a bit.

"So, there's nothing to be worried about after all, huh?"
Sighed the swimmer

"Fufu, I find it surprising that you're still able to hold the capacity to worry about him after the argument you two had."
Celeste giggled as she set her cup down.

"Huh? Oh... Well, an argument isn't really enough to justify wanting someone dead, so..."

"In any case, it's only 9:44, he'll be here soon."

"You sure do know a lot about him... Come to think of it, you two seem like you know each other. Were you friends?"

The gambler closed her eyes before giving an answer.

"I wouldn't say friends. More like business partners."

"Eeeehhhh, but you look like you trust him alot! Business partners don't do that, I think...?"