Chapter 2

[3rd Person POV]

"Aha~ is this really necessary?"

Y/N sat on a chair in the dining room, Ishimaru had called on a meeting to relay what they've found after they've searched the school.

But it seems, he was later than usual, leading to him being scolded by the Hall Monitor.

"TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE, L/N KUN! WE WOULD APPRECIATE YOU COMING BY A LITTLE EARLY NEXT TIME!"

Y/N just covered his ears before giving him a small laugh.

"I know, I know! Forgive me, oh great one!"

"YOU ARE NOT TAKING THIS SERIOUSLY!"

"I hardly take anything seriously, so..."

The yelling between Ishimaru and Y/N was stopped by Celestia Ludenburg with a simple clearing of her throat.

"I do believe we are continuing to waste valuable time by bickering around, wouldn't you say?"

Ishimaru seemed to understand the error of his own ways and did a perfect bow to everyone, apologizing for his wrongdoings.

Meanwhile, Y/N isn't the least bit sorry.

"First, why don't you tell us your reports first, L/N kun."

Kirigiri turned to Y/N, to which the Information Broker simply smiled at and answered.

"My quest to look for an exit has been a very tiresome labor, sky high, or down below is where I went, but alas! No such paradise is to be found!"
Y/N dramatically gave his report, making Celeste pinch her nose in slight irritation

Well, it's not like she expected anything less from him. He's always doing something to get on other people's nerves.

Despite this, they all enjoyed breakfast, conversing and showing different perspectives of their reports. Allowing them to assess how dire their situation is, but nothing good came up yet.

Time just mercilessly passed them by, and this seemed to dawn on the students the longer they pondered over their situation.

"Aww, man! We're not gonna find clues just by searching the same place over and over!"
Said Leon, as he ruffled his own hair in pure frustration.

"Yeah..."
Oowada agreed, but failed to give a suggestion.

"Then, what do you think that means?"
Y/N started

"Doesn't that mean it's better if we just stop? We're not getting much clues anyway, and we've already searched the areas that's available."

"Then, how do you expect us to get out if we do nothing?"
Sakura turned to the boy

"I'm not telling you to do nothing, I'm telling you to wait."

"What good would that do?"

"Well, what good does repeatedly exhausting yourselves gonna do?"

This question from Y/N was enough to convince Oogami that simply stopping for now was the best option.

Not that they have any choice considering the situation they're in.

"Then...a-are we really gonna be trapped in her forever...? Is nobody gonna come and help?"
Fujisaki started to cry, but was tended to by Aoi Asahina

"It'll all be alright, Fujisaki chan! I mean, it won't be long until we get rescued!'

"E-Eh?! Rescued?!"
Toko Fukawa grew surprised at the Swimmer's optimism.

"Really?!"
As well as Junko Enoshima, the Ultimate Bad Actress.

"It's been 3 days since we got locked up on here, you know. The cops have got to be doing something!"
Asahina kept her faith on the would-be rescuers outside, but of course, as luck would have it, the faith was misplaced.