Chapter 14

[3rd Person POV]

During their descent, the remaining students shared a moment of silence before the trial that may once again decide their fate began.

No words were said, and no ideas were exchanged, it had been far too late for that as the time for investigations is over.

Y/N spared no words, not even a glance. He stood from way at the back and simply looked to the side quietly.

Naegi couldn't help but worry since he had never acted this way before, but first, they need to get past this Class Trial.

A double murder, Yamada Hifumi and Ishimaru Kiyotaka. Whoever had done this did a great job creating a shroud of mystery within this case.

Nothing more can be said as the carriage's doors slowly opened to reveal the courtroom, then the students took to their podiums and had officially begun their Class Trial.

[CLASS TRIALS: IN SESSION!]

"Okie-dokie, so the first agenda is..."
Monokuma started before being interrupted by the Ultimate Swimmer.

"We know who the culprit is already!"

"Ohohohoho?"

"He has no alibi for the murders or disappearing bodies and, most damningly, was found in thay costume..."
Celeste added.

"No matter how you look at it... You're the culprit, Hagakure Yasuhiro!"
Asahina pointed an accusing finger at the clairvoyant.

Y/N glanced at the evidences carried by multiple people in the classroom, while Hagakure vehemently refused the actively partaking in the murder.

He began to slowly piece things together himself since it was only now, was he actually able to see the many evidence they held.

The broker has an inkling of an idea how the murder plan probably started.

"I'm sorry, Hagakure kun... We even have evidence."

The gambler presented the blueprints for the costume that the clairvoyant was supposedly using to commit the crimes.

"The blueprints for that costume. And... The numerous parts likely used to construct it. All of this was found in your room. This is unequivocal proof... that you built the costume, dressed yourself in it, and proceeded to commit a long string of crimes..."

"I-I'm telling you, I... I..."
Hagakure tried his best to deny it, but with evidence against him, he can only do so much.

Because of that, he broke into a fit, repeatedly denying that he knew anything, regardless whether or not it made him even more pathetic than he already is.

Of course, in order to truly find out what happened, they had to get to the bottom of the actual case itself.

Y/N knew that there's more to it, but he merely kept quiet and listened to the debate happen... whilst feeling time count down slowly...

"Your room gave us everything we need... These blueprints, these raw materials... They all point to you being the culprit."
Celeste started the debate.

"I-I know nothing! It's all a trap! A conspiracy!"
Hagakure denied

"Why'd you kill them... Hagakure?!"
Asahina gritted her teeth at the clairvoyant.

"Just hold on a second, please!"

"Did... Hagakure kun really draw those blueprints?"
Naegi suddenly interrupted his own silence.

"What are you trying to say?"
Celeste asked the Lucky Student.

"Take a look at this... This is the note Hagakure used to gather everyone together after Alter Ego went missing..."