Chapter 17

[3rd Person POV]

The day after their plan to connect Alter Ego to a network had been initiated, Naegi, Kirigiri, and L/N had all separated to do their own thing to avoid being suspected by whoever is manipulating the killing game.

Unbeknownst to them that someone other than the 3 of 'em already knows.

Y/N didn't have any plans with Kirigiri on this particular morning, so he decided to sleep until Morning Announcement, when he did wake up though, he lied there for several minutes just looking at the ceiling.

Then he tapped the note near his pillow.

"Ohayo, Taeko..."

He greeted the note as if using said note as a medium to act as someone who was no longer here.

The broker got up and took both a shower and brushed his teeth before fixing himself up.

He took a considerable amount of time straightening himself up and doing his ribbon, thankfully, not as long as he would usually take with his necktie, but it still takes time.

Before he left his room, Y/N set the note that was on his bed, to a table. Grazing his finger on it gently while smiling.

"I'll be going now..."

Upon exiting his room, he took several steps before hearing the sound of a washing machine working inside the laundry room.

A smile emerged out of Y/N's face, expecting a certain lavender-haired girl, only to enter the room to meet the brown-haired Lucky Student instead.

"O-Oh, L/N kun. Ohayo."

"Ohayo, Naegi chan. I see that it's laundry day today."

Naegi nodded and gave a chuckle while Y/N took a chair and sat next to him.

"How was yesterday?"

"Eh?"

"Hacked into the mainframe yet?"

This was immediately understood, and Naegi even became a little nervous but realized the more he minded what Y/N said the more they became suspicious.

"It went well. We just need to wait a little more."

"I see, I see."

"L/N kun."

"Yeah?"

"You and Kirigiri san know each other from before, right?"

"...why so curious?"

"Ah, no. I just thought the way you two worked together looked like you've both been doing this for a long time."

"Ehehe~ did we look like that~? You're making me blush~"
Y/N rubbed the back of his head and smiled sheepishly. His spirits certainly seem to have lifted up.

"But yeah, Kiri chan and I knew each other from before. But as far as I know she never actually became my client, I just followed her around."

"So no different from today, huh?"

"Ahaha~ guess not."

Y/N seemed to quiet down after this, the washing machine became the only sound to occupy both the Information Broker's and the Lucky Student's ears.

Naegi looked at Y/N and reminisced about his short time of knowing him.

Despite seeing Y/N as still a dangerous person, Naegi still sees him as a person worth putting his hope and faith in.

Even though they come from different backgrounds, since they're stuck in a situation such as this, they need to work together.

'All I can do now is trust my friends'
The luckster thought to himself.