Chapter 15

[3rd Person POV]

The day after the 3rd Class Trial, the gates holding back passage from the 4th floor were opened.

Kirigiri had woken up just before Monokuma's announcement, but didn't make any actions to wait on the entrance of said floor because of a certain someone not being present.

And as expected, L/N Y/N wasn't present at all during the grouping, as well as some other people.

"At times like these, Togami, L/N, and Fukawa chan should have joined us. Especially L/N, It kinda feels weird not hearing him say something messed up. And he comes up with crazy suggestions that somehow makes sense."
Asahina sighed

"Best let it go, Asahina. Considering what happened to L/N, he may still need time to grieve properly."
Ogami told the swimmer

"O-Oh yeah... It was just yesterday, wasn't it? I honestly thought he was gonna hurt Togami too."

Naegi knew something the others didn't, and because of the 2nd motive, Y/N knew too, but they were unable to inquire him about anything because he was probably holed up in his room.

Then the exploration of the 4th floor began, there was a faculty lounge, as well as a chemistry lab. There is also poison on said lab. There was a music room, and the data processing room.

And lastly, the principal's office. That office might be the most important thing inside this floor--no, maybe the entire school.

A minor argument between Kirigiri and Naegi would take place here, as the girl would become angry at the Lucky Student for keeping something a secret from her.

This prompted her to simply walk away and ignore him for the entire day and the day after that.

Seeing as the 4th floor was only recently opened, Kirigiri took the time to make another thorough investigation on each and every room.

And for the first time, it felt kind of quiet. She was always used to doing things by herself, but ever since coming to this school, someone was always following her around, and since that someone isn't present, it felt... lonely.

After the fight she had with Naegi, she began to consider that giving her trust is probably one of her most riskiest decisions, and she has still yet to conclude if it was a bad one, so far she's been disappointed.

And for the entire day, she was alone.

The day after had the rest of the students gather in the cafeteria to check if something changes or something had happened, this was also the first time he came out.

The moment he entered the cafeteria, Asahina was the first to see him.

"O-Oh! Goodmorning, L/N!"

This caught the rest's attention, as he didn't leave his room for the entire day yesterday.

"Ah, Goodmorning... I see everyone is still here. Well, everyone that matters at least."
The broker smiled, but that smile hid a bit of pain.

His reddened nose was telling that he had been... grieving all day and had only recently stopped, presumably yesterday night.

"What are you wearing? It looks neat!"
The swimmer commented, circling the broker.

At first glance, the change in his wardrobe wasn't obvious, but if you really did look at him, it'll shine more.