Chapter 43: Back to reality

Zoe's POV

Yesterday, Steven and I finally had the meeting we had planned. After everything that happened, you can imagine how awkward it was. Regardless of the whole situation, it went pretty well. I'll officially be signing a contract with him soon.

Lisha and Steven decided that they would stay back for a while, Cindy and Logan took a flight early morning because of some business meeting she had in South Korea which meant that Alex and I were left to travel back home together.

I noticed that Alex was acting a little distant, he was on his laptop for the entire flight, and he didn't say a word to me. It was almost as if he was trying to avoid me.

Maybe I was just misinterpreting this whole thing he was just busy with work.

I'm still wondering, what everything going to be like between Alex and me. Is he going to change his mind and say that this was all a mistake? It scares me to think about it.

It was clear that the honeymoon phase of our relationship was over, now we were back to reality.

After nine hours on the jet, we finally arrived back home.

When we arrived, it was just after ten a.m.

I stepped out of the jet, relieved to get some sunlight after so many hours.

Alex seemed to be in a rush, there were already two cars waiting which suggested that we weren't going together.

"Could you please wait for me at my apartment, there is something important we need to talk about," he said. "I have a meeting that I need to rush to, I'll be back as soon as I can."

"Okay," I finally managed to say.

He leaned in and kissed me on the forehead.

"I'll have the driver take you, I'll be there as soon as I can." He spoke.

Maybe I could stop by, I haven't seen JoJo in a long time, and I really miss her.

"Bye," He whispered before rushing to the car.

Maybe I was just overreacting when I thought he was ignoring me, he was just busy.

The driver packed my luggage into the car before opening the door for me.

I was welcomed back home by the heavily congested streets of New York. I didn't miss this part, maybe I should probably start travelling more.

"How was your trip ma'am?" The driver asked.

He looked to be a middle-aged man, probably in his mid-forties. He also had the friendliest smile.

"It was lovely," I answered smiling to myself, recalling everything that had happened.

I leaned onto the window, looking at the many people going about their lives.

I looked up at the tall skyscraper of Alexander's building. The last time I was here things didn't end too well.

"Can you please take my bags to my apartment?" I asked the driver.

"Sure, ma'am." He answered with a smile.

I'm sure he knew where it was, I think I saw him with Alexander before. The number to my apartment was also written onto my keychain, stupid of me in case the keys ever went lost.

I then handed him the keys.

I didn't want to take things too fast or be in any rush in case things didn't work out. It was better to take things slow.

Being back here brought back a lot of nostalgia. The penthouse was just as I had remembered, nothing had changed. It was very inviting, a part of me felt like I had never left.