Chapter 23: The irony of a sperm donor

Zoe's POV

I slowly removed the phone from my ear after the call. The doctor told me everything was alright, so what could have gone wrong now?

The thought of losing my baby frightened me, I had no idea I could love someone this much.

I place my phone on the coffee table, trying to remain calm. The last thing I needed was to be stressed.

I dished a plate for myself and put the remaining food in the fridge. I ate my dinner whilst binging on the latest season of modern family.

After dinner, I placed my dishes into the dishwasher and went straight to bed.

When I planned on having this baby, I had no idea that so many things we would get this complicated.

After hours of tossing and turning I finally fell asleep.

━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━

I was awakened by the sun beaming through my curtains. I had barely managed to sleep the night before.

I grabbed my blanket and covered my face with it, I tried falling asleep again by the heat became too unbearable.

I pushed the blankets off of me, ready to start my day. There was no point in pretending to be asleep.

I walked out of my bedroom and to the kitchen. After dishing some leftovers, I returned to my bedroom.

I closed the second thick curtain making my room dark.

Today was one of those days where I just felt emotionally down and usually when I feel down I did absolutely nothing.

Doing nothing always helped me calm down and take things slow. Sometimes life felt so busy that I barely had time to analyze everything around me.

I took my laptop from my drawer and decided to stream a movie on Netflix.

Then my mum's words rang in my ears: "If you sit in your room all day, you'll become more depressed," she would often say this to me as a teenager, only now had I realise how true her words were.

All I've done was sit around and do nothing which has lead into my life deteriorating. Maybe I needed to find a new hobby, volunteer at a children's home or something.

I gathered myself and got out of bed.

I was probably worrying myself over nothing. I needed to go for the check up before I could be sure of anything.

After brainstorming ideas of what to do for the rest of my day, I finally decided to go out for lunch.

I've always drove past five star restaurants, the kind that were extremely expensive where people dressed formal. That's the one I would go to.

I've always made the excuse that it was too expensive but realizing now, my expenses were about to increase after I have this baby. I might as well spoil myself while I still could.

I left my bedroom a mess, with my dirty dishes on the nightstand and my blankets a over the floor. I groaned as I walked into my bathroom.

I undressed and stepped into the shower. After ten minutes under the warm cool water, I stepped out.

I wrapped myself into a towel and returned to my bedroom.

I fumbled for a dress through my cupboard.

My mind somehow raced to the argument I had with Alexandra. Sure I had insulted him and meant every word (because he deserved it), I was still mad at him but, a part of me felt I should forgive him because deep down he had good intentions but just couldn't express it without hurting anyone. There I was again, making excuses for him.