Chapter 26: The real side of Alexander

Zoe's POV

A loud knock on my door drew me out of dream land. I groaned, opening my eyes.

Soon the door opened.

"Your breakfast is ready ma'am," One maid said peaking her head in.

"I'll be down in a few minutes," I said sitting up straight.

"There is no need ma'am, we'll have it brought to you." She said.

She clapped her hands together then opened the door wider.

Soon after, about six maids walked in, all holding trays of food.

"Oh," I muttered, stunned by the amount of food they were bringing in.

They sat out a bed tray on my lap and brought in a table and placed the food on it. There was a bow of fruit salad, a plate with toast bacon and eggs with mushrooms on the side, a jar with orange juice, another with milk. Some baked cookies were on the side along with some yogurt.

"I don't think I'll be able to eat all that," I said as they continued setting the food.

I took the bow of the fruit salad and started eating that.

"I'll have your bath prepared ma'am, sir said to remind you of your appointment in an hour, he'll be waiting for you downstairs," The maid said.

"Thank you," I said in between bites.

She opened the curtains, allowing the sun to stream in and giving a view of the mountains.

I remembered her name was Mara, I was introduced to her yesterday.

She left the room and went into the bathroom.

With everyone gone, the room was now silent. I could only hear the sound of the running water in the bathroom and the sound of crushing waves from a distance.

"I hope you comfortable," JoJo said walking in.

"Every," I answered as I continued eating.

"I wasn't sure what to make you for breakfast so I had them make all that," She said.

"You didn't have to make all this," I insisted.

"I had to, this baby means so much to all of us, a lot of people actually. I can't wait till he is here," She said.

"Who is us?" I asked with a fork full of strawberries.

She seemed to be talking about a lot more people than Alex and herself.

"You know, his godfather." She mumbled.

I looked at her with my eyebrow raised.

"Ahem," Alexander cleared his throat.

We all turned to look at him.

"I see you getting the five-star treatment," He said walking in.

"Good morning to you too," JoJo said sarcastically.

"Morning," He said to the two of us. "How come I never get breakfast in bed?"

"Because you too rich to have breakfast like normal people to," JoJo retorted.

He sat beside me on the bed, took a spoon and started eating the yogurt.

"You should leave the poor girl to eat in peace." JoJo said shooing him away.

"Wow. Just like that you switching sides. I thought you were my ride or die?" Alex said with a hurt expression.

"You just love to be the center of attention." JoJo commented.