Chapter 14: Playing pretentious

*Not edited, feel free to point out the mistakes. Constructive criticism is always welcome*

Zoe's POV

I took a deep breath, frantically running my hands through my hair.

I needed to do something about Alex, I wouldn't have him controlling my life.

He may be in control everything but not me. From what I gathered, he had enough money to buy a judge, he could easily manipulate anyone into getting what he wants. I'm afraid I might not be able to get custody of my child.

He had the police in his pockets and he could easily come and go out of my house, what else did he have up his sleeves.

I needed to do something. That's when I thought of an idea, my dad was a lawyer. In fact he opened an entire law firm.

I'm sure he has dealt with sick bastard like Alex before. He should be able to help me.

I haven't spoken to Reina or Abby in a while. They've both been busy with their lives and seemed happier. I didn't want to bother them with my bad karma.

First, I'd have to tell my parents about the insemination. Mom never agreed to it, so I'll talk to Dad first.

I sinked into the couch, looking up at the ceiling.

I should have listened to mom, maybe if I knew it will be this complicated, maybe I wouldn't have gone through with this.

After finally gathering up the courage, I stood up from the couch.

I needed to deal with this, I couldn't keep prolonging it.

I fixed my hair into a neat bomb. I adjusted my dress correctly before grabbing my keys.

I shut the door making my way to the elevator.

Alex was too controlling, there had to be something legally that could be done to keep him away. I wouldn't have him control my life.

On my way to my parents, I was already practicing what I'd say to them, especially dad. Even though he has always supported me, everyone has their limits.

I'll just tell mom when I can no longer hide my pregnancy.

I stepped out of my car, to the scenery of my parents Mansion.

As usual I was greeted by Lala who was busy sweeping the veranda.

"Good morning Lala," I greeted her coming out of my car.

"It's good to see you," she said looking up.

I closed the door to my car.

"Are my parents in?" I asked.

"Yes," she answered "But they have a very important guest in the living room." She continued.

I walked up the stairs to the varenda.

I'll just have to wait until their guest is gone.

"I wouldn't want to disturb them," I muttered to myself.

I sat on the large couch on the veranda, embedded against the wall.

Next to it there was a small table that had stacks of magazines on top.

Mom loved reading there, it had the perfect view of the garden with the parking lot just next to it.

That's when I noticed the huge Rance Rover amongst my dad's cars.

Dad didn't own such a car. It was the latest model, I remembered the car because when I wanted to buy a new car, I saw the same one, I was stunned by the price.