Chapter 16: Baby agreements (part 2)

Zoe's POV

I tapped my feet impatiently staring at the clock in my bedroom.

It was eight o'clock, Alex was supposed to have already arrived.

He would probably show up any moment, he usually arrived whenever he was least expected.

My lawyer hadn't arrived either.

The need to make this night perfect was getting the best of me. Whenever people were late, things ended up being rushed and that's what I was avoiding. I rushed to get pregnant now I'm in this mess with Alex.

I had moved some furniture around to create more space, making the place look a little more professional at the same time homey.

The door bell rang, breaking into my thoughts.

I rushed to the door, my shoes clicking against the wooden floor.

I had changed into a floral, casual dress.

The wait was finally over. I had already thought my argument through, I was sure I was going to win this time. Who could have thought debate club would finally be of use.

I opened the door to a nonchalant Alexander wearing a tux, he had both his hands in his pocket, confidence radiating all over him. He managed to make sexy look casual, as if he woke up like that. Too bad he was a ass hat.

A smile formed on his face after I had opened the door. I avoided eye contact looking past him to a man standing behind me.

Behind Alex was a man I assumed was his lawyer. He too wore a matching black tux and large glasses. He was also bold, with his brief case tucked under his arm.

"Please come in," I said stepping away from the door, clearing a way for them.

Alex step in, followed by his lawyer.

I closed the door behind them and welcomed them into the living room.

I had already sorted four store bottles of water, on top of the living room table.

Alexander and his lawyer settled themselves.

Minutes later, the door bell rang again.

I opened the door to a breathless Frederick.

Unlike Alex and his lawyer, Fredrick was dressed in blue jeans and a blazer over his shirt. He held a brief case along with a bunch of unorganized stack of papers.

"Sorry I'm late," he said stepping into the house.

We were finally ready to proceed.

Alex and his lawyer sat opposite Fredrick and I as we all faced each other.

"We'd like to finish this meeting as quickly and smoothly as possible. Its best if all parties try to remain fair to avoid prolonging this meeting." Alex's lawyer began.

For a moment I felt anxious, afraid that Alex's lawyer would over power mine. With the amount of money he had, I'm sure he only had the best of everything.

"I have already spoken to Zoe about this before, I'd like for her to stop working. For the well-being of my child." Alex spoke in a calm tone, I could tell it was taking a lot in him to remain calm.

I opened my mouth to speak but Fredrick beat me to it.

"That's a bit unfair to my client. She depends solely on the income from her cafe. If she was to close her cafe, even for just the duration of the nine months she would lose a lot, not just customers. It would take her years to recover." Fredrick reasoned.