Bonus Chapter

Zoe's POV

I was awoken in the middle of the middle by the sound of Jake crying.

"Alex, it's your turn," I groaned pulling a pillow over my head.

But there was no response.

I looked over to see that Alex wasn't sleeping beside me.

He was probably working in his study, which meant that it was my turn again.

I stood up from the bed rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

I went straight to Jake's room, he immediately kept quiet the moment he saw me.

He just likes the attention, which is a bad thing because we are trying to train him into sleeping on his own.

I carried him out of his crib.

I might as well get some water in the kitchen; he is just going to cry the moment I leave him on his own. I would have to get him to sleep again.

"You are not going to let mommy sleep," I whispered to Jake.

He giggled in response.

I opened the fridge and poured a glass of water for myself.

That is when I heard the murmurs, it was coming from Alexander's study. It was certainly more than one person's voice, who was he talking to?

I looked at the clock set on the kitchen counter, it was two a.m. It couldn't have been a business call unless it was probably from someone overseas, but from what I heard, the voices weren't from someone he was speaking to on a phone call. Someone was here.

I tiptoed to Alexander's study, rocking Jake in my arms so he wouldn't make a sound.

The door to his study had been left slightly open.

Just as I had predicted, Alexander wasn't alone. Justin was there too, along with Sebastian.

Something was going on here. Was there some kind of meeting that I wasn't aware of that happens at two a.m.?

"Are you sure of everything you are saying?" Alex asked.

"Yes, Sebastian here can confirm it too. We managed to track down the nurse and she told the truth?" Justin answered.

Alex sighed.

"I knew that Jake's disappearance at the hospital was no coincidence," Alex said.

"I thought this problem had been dealt with, "Sebastian said.

"He is coming after your family; we better be prepared. I didn't think that anyone could hold a garage this much." Justin spoke.

"I've known him for many years, it was probably just to teach you a lesson. The worst has already happened." Sebastian tried to reassure him.

They were talking about my baby's disappearance. So, everything wasn't a mistake as the doctor had claimed. Someone was behind this.

Just then, Alex received a phone call.

"Tristan, hold on I want to put you on load speaker," Alexander spoke into the phone.

"I just wanted to say that I'm sorry about this whole thing man, I'm pretty sure we can all agree that my grandfather went a little too far this time." The man said.

*****

I didn't sleep at all after the news that I had heard, I heard Jake tightly in my arms as I thought of all the worst scenarios possible. No, I couldn't lose him again.

"I promise, everything is okay," I whispered to Jake.

I was going to protect him.

Jake laid there happily; he was probably thinking about what his crazy mother was doing.

The fear of losing him again took over me, what was Alexander hiding from me?

I had the right to know the truth and whatever had happened.

I took Jake from our bed, ready to confront Alex.

But someone else had already beat me to it.

He was having a conversation with a man, the two of them kept quiet when I walked in.

"Hi, I'm Tristan, Tristan Montenegro." He introduced himself.

His voice sounded like that of the man on the phone call.

"Once again Alex, I'm sorry for the pain my grandfather caused you." He spoke turning to Alex.

He looked like he was ready to leave.

"Is it true that he was the one who caused as to think that my son was dead at the hospital?" I asked taking the two of them by surprise.

Tristan paused.

"Well, let's just say, my grandfather, isn't used to people saying no to him," Tristan spoke. "Alex here happened to be the first one, he refused a business deal with him so he thought he would teach him a lesson."

"What kind of sick person would do that?" I spoke. I held on even tighter to Jake, I couldn't let anything happen to him.

"If you've ever heard anything about him, you'd know that he has done worse things. But he won't bother you again, he just wanted to make a point." Tristan spoke.

"I'm I supposed to know him because he is some psychopath who goes around taking people's babies away," I spoke.

"You've never heard about the Montenegros,' have you?" Tristan asked.

He stared at my blank expression.

"Well, you are about to." Tristan continued.

_____________
AN:I hope you enjoyed it; I just couldn't end the story without a dramatic ending. Thank you so much for all your love and support.

I'm starting a new book named Trapping the billionaire which will be updated weekly, please check it out to know more about the Montenegros' and Tristan's story.