13

Day:1

The next day atmosphere was rather calm than I expected. The breakfast went surprisingly normal. No one asked about last night and I was relieved for that.

Jungkook went to college and Mr.Jeon went to work. I stayed back as Mrs.Jeon wanted to talk to me. I feared it was not what I was expecting.

But she just took me for a ride. We stopped at an old school.

We both stepped out of the car. She took my hand leading me to go inside the school.

"This is my school Eun. This is the place where I spend my whole childhood. Follow and broke rules. Made memories good one as well as bad."

There was a long pause before she let out.

"And the worst one was seeing my own bestfriend hanging infront of me." Her confession left me astonished.

I looked at her with wide eyes. "She was 16 back then. She started to being more and more quite. She started staying in her world. Come to school with visible bruises but whenever I ask about them she used to say that it's just because my clumsiness.…" She chuckled bitterly"… I used to believe in every word she said. Every I'm okay she said even tho deep down I knew she was not. I brushed off my inner voice calling it a misunderstanding untill one day she was found dead."

"Her diary was handed to me. And I was left with nothing but regret. Regret of not asking her just one more time. Telling no it was not your fault…" her tears made it's way towards her eyes"…she use to smile and fool me that everything was good. Turned out she was just battling everyday just to survive!!"

"Wha-what happened to her" I asked with shaky voice.

"After her father's death her mother turned alcoholic she use to beat her up daily......" She looked at me "… and the worst thing was she believed that she deserved it.....she deserved it for taking her husband away . She blamed herself for something she never did!"

She turned facing me.
"Eun from the day till now I regret not helping her. Please let me help you to atleast heal. Let me help you atleast subside my guilt a little. Just for the sake of me please let me and my family help you to make you realise that no it's not your fault" she pleaded.

I didn't know what to say. I didn't know what to feel. What is even healing is?

Does healing means I'll stop blaming myself anymore? Does healing means I won't feel pain anymore randomly? Does it means I'll be able to stay happy?

If it really means like that then yes I want heal.

So I agreed.

I didn't know that healing was the only reason I agreed or I wanted to be close to him.