House of Attitude

Layla's POV

"Hi, I'm Nina. This is my sister, Layla. We're from America!" My sister introduced as we entered the living room to see the rest of our housemates, Patricia included, all seated on the couches.

"Nina! We get it, we're from America!" I told her as I grinned at everyone. I noticed the blonde guy from earlier was sitting staring at me and I sent him a small smile hoping he wouldn't hold that little incident against me. He did smile back so I figured maybe not everyone here would be so bad.

"Welcome space girls. Or blurp bleep blop as they say in your language," said one boy as he stood and came up to me and my sister. Um...okay?

"Supper's ready!" I heard Trudy call out. Everyone stood up and headed over to the dinner table. I glanced over at my sister as we struggled to figure out where to sit.

"Hey, there's a seat over there?" I pointed out to her as I snagged the free one next to the blonde guy, still didn't know his name yet. Unfortunately for my sister the one I had pointed to was next to Patricia.

"That's my seat!" I looked up to see a blonde girl standing over my sister, who hurried to stand back up.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" She told the girl.

"Where's Mick?" She asked.

"Um, I don't even know who you are so..." before Nina could finish her sentence the girl had dashed out of the room. I shrugged at my sister as she sat back down.

"You heard what Amber said, That's her seat," Patricia sniped. I rolled my eyes.

"Is she always like this?" I asked the boy next to me as my sister pointed out that Amber wasn't there at the moment.

"Pretty much, yeah." He replied as he glanced over at me. "I'm Jerome by the way, nice to meet you.

"I'm Layla, it's nice to meet you as well. I really am sorry about earlier! I hope I didn't hurt you too badly!" I told him.

His reply was drowned out by Patricia's shouting.

"That's your way isn't it? Someone's gone for five seconds and you've already moved in." I moved to stand up, not sure of what I was going to do but knowing I wanted to do something, when I felt a hand tug me back down into my seat.

"Trust me, you do not want to get on Patricia's bad side," Jerome whispered to me. I frowned.

"I think it's a little too late for that, she's clearly Malfoy," I said as I crossed my arms. I looked over at Jerome as he suddenly started coughing.

"What did you say?" He asked as his friend clapped him on the back.

"Well, Victor is Snape and Patricia's Malfoy, as far as I can tell," I told him with a shrug and a smirk as I watched him trying to clear his throat. Well at least I had managed to make someone in this house smile.

"Patricia is head of the welcoming committee.
Take no notice, just sit where ever you like," I heard another boy say to my sister. I smirked as I looked over and saw him staring wide eyed at her. Ohhh...that definitely needed further looking into.

I hummed with happiness as I dug into my pasta. Trudy was right, it was delicious. And reminded me of home which was nice. I didn't really know what I had been expecting as far as the food went but either way, it was good and I wasn't complaining. As I ate, Jerome quickly whispered the names of everyone else at the table to me and I hurried to say thanks. He sent me another smile before turning back to his friend who I now knew was named Alfred but preferred to be called Alfie. I chuckled as I watched him stuff two forks full of spaghetti into his mouth.