House of Hello

Eeeep! Starting season 2! Can't wait to introduce Eddie's character! And delve more into Jerome's - basically she'll replace Mara on his visit to see his dad and then I'll be able to expand more on the whole Osirian curse thing. Haven't decided yet if i'll be able to fit the whole story into this season or decide to make a section covering the last yr before she turns 18. Since I don't think the curse necessarily means you die ON ur 18th birthday just that the reincarnation is meant to die sometime before then. In which case I can definitely use the ending of season 2 as her potential death moment. (Anyone have any guesses on who she's the reincarnation of? Would love to hear what you all think!)

Sidenote: I realized that I don't want to make it seem like Layla would be the type to cheat or anything (tho the whole point of the Osirian curse is that her/previous reincarnations were always doomed to have to choose between two of them) so idk whether or not to have her and Jerome break up at some point either before or after eddie arrives since there's also going to be chemistry between them as well? A bit of a spoiler but the curse will eventually be broken by her refusal to choose between the two but in the meantime, just wanted to see if any of you lovely readers had an opinion on whether her and Jerome should remain an item or be like Fabian and Nina who ended up technically splitting up but still having a thing for each other - cuz that way I could have her get with Eddie and take Patricia's spot? I mean either way that's what I'd do but the question is whether or not she's currently dating Jerome and then feels super guilty for starting to feel something for eddie? And then maybe Jerome breaks up with her out of jealousy? I was also planning to have 3 jack jackals so that she could be the one to write the article on Eddie and Jerome's fathers - but need to figure out whether people want me to make Joy even more bitchy or keep her character as is?

Layla's POV

"Jerome?" I called out as my sister and I spotted him ducking behind a car, clearing hiding from something.

"Layla! Nina, hello," he greeted quickly before dashing off. Um ok...weird. I laughed as I watched him suddenly jumping over a wall and crashing onto the grass.

I smiled at my sister as the door to Anubis house opened for us and we entered.

Hey, Nina! Layla!" Amber and Patricia exclaimed as we entered the living room.

"Hi!" I greeted as we all hugged.

"So, how are you?" Amber asked.

"Still American?" Patricia added with a smirk. I rolled my eyes remembering the way Nina had kept mentioning we were from America last year.

"Yep. Still Patricia?" Nina asked. "Hey," she greeted Fabian with a smile.

"Hey," he replied. Aww Fabina's back! I thought to myself. Both my sister and I had been exchanging letters with Fabian and Jerome but it was going to be nice to physically hang out again.

"Okay. Time to make a discreet exit, everyone," Amber commented as we went upstairs to give the two lovebirds some time alone. I decided to grab Nina's things along with mine and get started on setting our room up, pushing our beds back together like last year. I grinned as I placed my adipose stuffy that Jerome had given to me on my side of the bed.

Once I was done setting up our room I dashed off to the school to check that the Cup of Ankh was still where I had hidden it. Under a floorboard near the stage in the drama room.

Suddenly I heard a door opening and ran to hide.

"Is somebody in here?" I heard Mr. Sweet call out. Oh geeze. 1st day back and I had already almost gotten myself into trouble.

*****

"It's all very couply," Joy commented as she stared from Mara and Mick, to Jerome and I, and then to Fabian and Nina."