16- You've Been Gone

Season 12 x 14

Sam, Calliope and Dean stand there looking at Mary, "Just hear me out. Please?" she asks the three of them.
"Wow, just, wow" Dean remarks.
"Dean..."Mary says to him, "What the British Men of Letters are doing, what we're doing, it's a better way. They—Look, I'm not blind to who they are, or what they've done, but—"
"When?" Sam asks her, and she looks at him, "When? When did you start working with them?"

"Since before the lake house. It wasn't Wally. They brought me that case" Mary answers him.
"You were running an errand for the Brits? You kept it from us? Calliope almost died" Dean says anger in his voice, as he then places his hand in Calliopes, and pulls her closer to him.

"I—" "A hunter got killed" Sam cuts off Mary, before she can say anything.
"You think I don't know. I'm the one who burned his body. I'm the one who told his wife. I watch him die every night" Mary tells them.
"Good" Dean says to her, anger still inside him.
"I think, I'm going to head to the room, this is more of family matter" Calliope then says letting go of Dean's hand and starting to walk away.

"You're family" Dean says to her, "more then she is right now" he says looking mad at his mother, and Calliope stops, leaning against the wall.
"I'm doing this for you. I'm playing three decades of catch-up here" she says to him. 

"And we're not? How do you think this had been for us? We're your sons

"And we're not? How do you think this had been for us? We're your sons. And you've been gone. Our whole lives, you've been gone. You said that you needed time. No, you said you needed space. So, we gave you your space. But you didn't need just space. No, you needed space from us" Dean says to Mary.

"That's not true" Mary tells him, "Dean, I'm trying—"
"How about for once, you just try and be a mom" he yells at her.
"I am your mother, but I am not just a mom. And you are not a child" Mary says back at him.

  "I never was" Dean tells her, and as Calliope watches their interaction, a tear streams down her face, feeling Dean's pain, "So, between us and them—""It's not like that" she says to him

"It's not like that" she says to him.