18- I'm Ruined

Season 12 x 16

     Dean, Sam and Calliope sit in the British Men of Letters bunker, and they had been waiting to meet with Mick. He was late, and Sam and Calliope could see that Dean was getting impatient, as he looks at his watch, "All right that's it, I'm waiting in the car. Calliope feel free to come" he says as he starts to leave.

"Dean. Dude, wait a second" Sam stands up trying to stop him.
"No, you know what? Getting jobs from these dicks is one thing, but I didn't sign up for this 'reporting for duty' crap. Especially when they're late" Dean says to Sam.

"Sorry, I'm late" they then hear Mick say as he enters the room, closing the metal door behind him, and they turn to look at the man, "My report to the home office ran long. We've had our hands full since..." he stops looking at a blood stain on the concrete floor, "Well, best not to dwell on that"
"Wow, that is some world-class repression. You are British" Dean remarks.

"We prefer to call it a stiff upper lip" Mick remarks back.
"Okay, okay, enough" Sam interrupts them, "Mick, what's the deal with the Bat-Signal?"
He tosses Sam a file, "There was an incident in Wisconsin. 'Animal Attack'. A girl named Hayden Foster's in the hospital, and her brother lost his heart" Mick explains as Sam looks over the incident report, "Looks like a werewolf"

"Wolfs don't usually leave survivors behind" Calliope then says.
"Freak probably got spooked before he could finish the job" Dean says to her.
"Perhaps. But it usually takes more than a fright to put your average werewolf off his supper" Mick says to them.
Dean looks at him, "Oh, you'd know that, would you?"

"Actually, I would" he tells Dean, as he walks over to a cabinet "I did extensive research into lycanthropy at Kendricks" he says opening the cabinet.
"Kendricks?" Sam asks him.
"The Kendrick School. It's where the British Men of Letters train their operatives" he explains as he sets a book down on the desk, "It's like our—"
"Hogwarts" Sam says rather quickly and excitedly, as Mick passes him a book, and Sam hands the file to Dean.

"Exactly" Mick answers him, "Kendricks has the largest collection of occult lore in the world"
"Cool" Sam comments smiling, as he looks over at Calliope and Dean, Calliope smiling back as Dean looks stone faced at his brother.

"So, when it comes to werewolves I'm not entirely ignorant. For example, we know that last night's attack didn't happen on a full moon, therefore we're looking for a pure-blood" Mick explains.
"You think?" Dean comments, "Looks like a milk run to me" he closes the file.
"Then you don't mind if I tag along" he then says.

Dean is about to say something, but Calliope holds him back, "Mick" Sam then says, "Um, listen, I don't think hunting is really your kind of thing"
"Well, then maybe it should be" Mick says to him, "I had the best team. But, most of us, we were thinkers, not fighters. And let's be honest, you and your mum, you're the only reason I'm still alive"
"So, now you wanna be like us" Dean says to him.
"No, I just wanna be ready for whatever's next" Mick says back at him.

Calliope, Sam and Dean head out of the room, "Dude, he is deadweight, and you know it" Dean says to Sam.
"Look, Mick's inexperienced, sure. But these people have some serious knowledge" Sam defends.
"So? Duded, what we do, you can't learn this crap in a book. You out on a flannel, you pick up a gun, you go out there. Either you get good fast, or you get dead faster" Dean argues back.

"We're working with these people now, and we're getting wins. We're saving people. The better they are, the better we are" Sam says, and Dean doesn't believe him, "Look, Mick held his own with the Alpha, why not give him a shot? Maybe he'll come in handy"
"And what if he gets himself killed?" Dean then asks.
"I heard that" Mick says as he comes over to them.