Coffee & Heartbreak - Angst

Request for @Rosepvzfan

A/N: This is my first angst so I hope I did okay. Pretty fun to write though.

-----------------------------

You sit ina quiet corner of the local coffee shop, working on a long paper due the next day. Ask you reach the last paragraph, a waitress comes over. 

"Want to order anything hun?" 

"Uh, yeah sure, ill just have a small coffee."

"Sugar?"

"Two cubes." 

"Okay, I'll be back in a moment." She leaves and you focus your attention back on your paper. The last paragraph was always the hardest part for you, so you tried to focus all of your attention on it. As hard as you tried though, the cafe was just too busy for you to completely focus. You sigh and lean back. For now, you'd edit the rest of the paper. 

The waitress comes back with your drink only a moment later so you move your computer to the side slightly. She sets down the cup and as you look up to thank her, you see her. 

C/N had just entered the cafe with a boy you'd never seen before. He said something and she laughed, and your heart almost broke in half. 

You had liked her for just a little over a year now, but didn't know if she liked you back. You had played with the idea of asking her out several times but had always backed away from the idea. 

Now, as you saw her with this boy, you were sadand angry with yourself for never telling her how you felt. 

"Ma'am," the waitress says and it brings your attention back to your table. "Are you okay?" 

"Huh? Oh, yeah, I'm fine." You lie. "Just bring me the check please." She nods and leaves the table.

You look back down at your laptop and close it, feeling very ready to leave. 

As you close the coffee shop behind you, a tear rolls down your cheek and you wipe it away with the back of your hand. You hold in the rest of your tears until you get to your apartment. When you open the door, you break down, sliding down the door to the floor, where you hold your knees to your chest and sob into them. 

Your roommate must hear you from the other room because she comes in and sees you there.

"Oh no, love!" She whispers and runs over to you, falling on the ground beside you. "Its okay, its okay," she says, brushing your hair with her fingers and rubbing your back. "Everything will be okay."