Parent Problems

A/N: This is an angst chapter so you have been warned. Also a pretty common topic to write about but I really like how this chapter turned out. 

------------------------------------

"You have been acting like a child ever since you decided to become an artist." your mother yells.

"Mom, I doing this because I think I can and-" you try and explain yourself but you father cuts you off.

"Stop interrupting your mother." He yells.

"But dad!" you try and say, but raises his hand menacingly and you flinch and back away.

"Get your ass back here!" Your father yells but you continue to back up. You grab your phone and car keys and run to the door.

"Don't you dare leave this house!" Your parents yell, but you ignore them and dash out the door. 

What were they going to do anyway, you thought. 

You jumped into your car and locking the doors and putting your key into the ignition immediately. You see the front door open and your father step out onto the small porch, his face red with anger.

"Don't you dare leave that driveway you ungreatful brat!" he practically screamed, but before he could step off the porch, you had backed ip on the street, put the car is drive, and were racing down the street.

You drove around for half an hour before choosing a destination. Picking up your phone you dial their number.

"Hello?" They ask, picking up immediately, "You okay? It's late."

"Um, yeah, i'm okay." you answer, attempting to steady your voice and act calm. "Can I come over? I'm almost at your house."

"Yeah, yeah of course." They say, obviously a litte concerned. You smile a bit, knowing however bad your family was, you always had a friend. They knew about your family too, and knew how they acted and treated you. 

You drove the five minutes until you reached their house. As you pulled into the driveway, the porch light flicked on, and they walked onto the porch. You got out of the car and locked the door behind you, then quickly walked over to them and they embraced you lovingly. The two of you hugged for a few moments before you broke apart and went inside.

When you were inside they got you settled on the couch and then sat beside you, wrapping their arms around your waist. You started to cry and they hugged you tighter as you sobbed into their chest. 

After about an hour, you felt better and they turned on a movie for you. The two of you watched the movie until both of you fell asleep, still in each other's arms.