The Tentacle Plants: First Plant

female Reader x Nonbinary Monster

Your cousin came for a visit and gave you a strange potted plant as a gift. She claimed it was a small succulent but you had never seen anything like it before. It came out like thick leaves that formed tightly together into a long cone, going from green to a soft pink color. Your cousin simply told you to keep it watered and sometimes give it sugar water.

You did so, watering it when the soil got dry and once a week you would use the sugar water on it. You weren't sure how well you could keep it alive, you had never been a plant person. You had tried keeping herbs gardens and even house plants, but that always ended in tragedy. You had even tried planting wildflower seeds and as it did was result in a bald patch in your yard.

You were intent on keeping this little plant alive. You did everything the old ladies at the garden shop told you to do, you even talked and sang to the little plant. You kept it on a clear spot on your windowsill and even switched out the pot for it when you were worried it was getting too small.

In fact, you noticed it was growing rather rapidly, faster than you thought a little plant should. You went through three jars in the first month, and within the first two weeks of the second month, you went through three more. It was slowly overgrowing your windowsill and beginning to grow along the wall.

At a complete loss with what to do you wonder if it's time to get rid of it. Perhaps take it to the nursery or even to a farm somewhere. You hated the idea of getting rid of it though, you had grown attached to the damn thing. The cones began to curl, the once tightly formed petals now blossomed out at the base. It was starting to remind you of something you had seen in a sci-fi film.

You decided that after the next time you needed to repot it you would go to someone to ask exactly what the best course of action was. Until then you tended to it the same way you always had, back when it fitted in your palm.

One day as you're relaxing, sitting in the chair by the window, you hear your drinking glass rattle. Looking, you see one of the vines of the plant dipping into your sweet tea. You huff and pluck it out, not thinking twice. You then hear your glass rattle again and when you look again the plant is back in the glass, this time lifting it over itself and dumping the sweet contents into itself.

You jaw drops open.

It extends the glass back to you, shaking it as if asking for more.

You simply get up and walk away from it, not sure how to process this. You go to the kitchen and stand there, staring at the wall and holding your face. Plants don't move! Plants don't drink sweet tea, let alone ask for more!

You feel something tapping at your ankle and you look down, your plant crawling towards you, holding the empty glass up.

"What-" you gasp and take a step back.

The pot falls away and the dirt falls off what you had thought were the roots. A body rises up from a ball of wrapped tentacles as you trip backwards and it catches you, cushioning you fall. Sitting up you look at the creature now sitting before you. A multitude of glowing pink eyes stares out from under a mess of small, curly tentacles. It makes a soft gentle sound and places the tea glass in your hands.

"Oh yeah, uhm-" you stand up and pour it a fresh cup, holding it out it takes the glass, the pink eyes squinting and glowing brighter. You sit back down, watching, as the tentacles part away, showing a soft looking mouth. It drank, gulping down all the contents of the glass. It then licked its lips with a purple tongue and placed the glass in the sink.

You reach out and touch it, brushing away from the dirt that remained on its newly emerged body. It purrs, pressing into your palm and placing itself in your lap. It nuzzles up to you, wrapping it's long, soft tentacles around you and hugging you close.