Dryas the Lamia

Female Reader x Male Monster

His smile was always a mix of seductive and smug. Sharp fings nipping onto the plump bottom lip as he watches you. You could only frown, as displeased to be in his presence as you were to set foot in a gas-station bathroom. He lounges on his smooth stone and his tail coils around the base.

"You're back," he replies. "What is it this time?"

You roll your eyes. "It's the same thing every time, Dryas" you hold up the old bowl. "I don't know why you put on this show."

He chuckles, lifting up on his elbows. "Because the show is the fun part. You're just a party pooper." He waves his hand for your to come forward. His dark eyes turn brown then amber then gold. The deep slits in the center widen ever so slightly as you approach. He reaches for the bowl and touches your hands as he does.

"More venom," he sighs. "Do you have my price?"

You grimace and nod. "Of course."

He sets the bowl down and opens his mouth, unhinging his jaws and his fangs extend outwards. The insides of his mouth are black and receding to pink. You're not too fond of this spectacle but you're used to it. You watch as the venom oozes from the tips of his fangs and into the bowl. It begins to fill and once it reaches the small etchings he closes his mouth and wipes himself with the back of his arm.

You reach to take the bowl but he grabs you wrist. "My price, priestess."

"I'm not a priestess," you huff. "You know this."

"You look so much more like a priestess than a witch," he smirks as he tucks a loose lock of hair behind your ear. "It's also fun to torment you. Now, my payment."

You sigh and close your eyes. His thumb strokes your bottom lip and you feel the flick of his tongue. He presses close, his lips prying yours open and he sucks on your tongue. He moans softly, stealing as long a kiss as you will allow. He pulls back, sighing softly to himself.

You wipe your mouth on your sleeve and pick up the bowl of venom. "Is that all?"

He pouts. "You're always in such a hurry. Your mother was a lot more fun, I hear." His tail flicks in the dirt.

"My mother probably was. A lot of people have said so," you scoff.

He smirks. "My mother liked her very much." He reaches out, slipping his black fingers under your chin. The joints were circles by yellow and red, showing the potency of his venom. It would be beautiful if he wasn't so full of himself.

"She liked you too, said you and I would make beautiful babies."

You wrench your head away. "Shut up, Dryas," you grunt.

He smirks, biting his lip. "I think you and I would make beautiful love, but that's just my opinion. We should try and make it fact one day."

You roll your eyes. "I need to get this venom back to the shop. Grandma is waiting for it."

"Do give the old bat my love," Dryas waves. He winks as you turn away and his chuckle makes you stick your tongue out.

Back at the shop you deliver the venom to your grandmother. "About time," she says. "You spend far too much time when you visit Dryas."

"He's the one who-"

"Don't blame him," your grandmother scolds. "Without him we are sunk." She shoves a mortar and pestle into your hands. "Finish up those herbs for me, love." She pats your cheek. She starts tending to the venom, separating into jars for later use.

You frown into the bowl as you mash up the herbs into a paste.

"What's that frown about?" She asks.

You roll your eyes and scoff. "Is there any other way to pay Dryas? Or is there anything else we can use besides his venom?"