The Strawberry Monster

Female Reader x Male Monster
(This happens to be my very first monster romance story ever written)

Ever since moving into your grandmother's cottage, you've felt as if something has been watching you. You can recall ages ago when you were young and could feel the same prickly sensation on the back of your neck when you visited. The sensation still lingers and you're almost able to follow where it comes from, but as you stare across your garden all you see is earth and foliage.

You've tended to the garden since you moved in. It had been something your grandmother had taken great passion in but could no longer take care of in her final years. You promised her to take care of it and the cottage and you haven't failed. You've brought it back to life, filled it with veggies and berries. The strawberry patch had all but taken over the hill behind the garden and you were planning all the amazing recipes you could make with the sweet red berries.

One night as you're settling into bed, you see something beyond the window. It is a shape, a shadow, something like fireflies glowing with it. As you approach the window and move to open it the strange shape is no longer there. That's when you finally begin to suspect there is something in the garden.

The next day as you tend to the garden, you feel that same sensation of being watched and you're able to follow it to the strawberry patch on the hill. You approach it casually and stay there for a moment, watering and picking weeds. You feel something on your leg and as you go to swat what you suspect is a bug you see small, flowering vines creeping around your ankles and up your legs.

As you look down, the sun is shadowed and you look up, seeing it towering over you. It's eyes glowing as it peers down at you. It's body covered in vines and the small white flowers of the strawberry plants, small ripening berries hanging from him like tiny jewels.

You realize this is what has been watching you, what has existed in this garden since you were small, even before then. You reach out and with a timid touch pluck a weed from his arm.

He touches you in return, his fingers cool and soft, his body covered in a dense, dark moss. You notice he smells like fresh earth and rain as his palm cups your cheek. You blushed, you skin burning as he touches. You feel odd, like you should be afraid, but all you feel is excited to meet this creature.

There's a low rumble of thunder and you realize it's him. The sound was deep and dark but to you, it was gentle and loving. You smile and put your hand over his as he touches you. He's so large but he's so gentle. His fingers run through your hair, leaving petals and leaves in his wake.

As he pulls back you almost worry he is going away and you reach for him, stumbling and falling against him. His arms wrap around you and he rumbles again, a gentle purr against your cheek smashed to his chest.

You press your hands against him, "thank you," you gasp, embarrassed as you gaze up at him.

"Thank you," he returns, his voice deep like the earth.

You're stunned for a moment, "for what?" your voice trembles. You watch as he motions out to the garden you have so tenderly nursed all these months.

"You've taken care of me and my home, I was always grateful to the lady here before but when she died I was afraid."

You're unsure how to reply, you're overcome and the words you want to say won't come. You smile at him. "It's nothing."

He touches you again, his cool hands cupping your face as he kneels to meet your eyes. You instinctively close your eyes and lean in, letting him kiss you. He tastes like fresh air and rain, and then you taste the sweet taste of strawberries. You press in closer, tasting him more and feeling him rumble against your chest. The kiss is so sweet, in more ways than one, and you can't help but swoon even long after the kiss had ended.