Fufures the Demons

Female Reader x Male Monster
(From the demon's POV)

I've been waiting on your to wake up for a long time now. You've been asleep for I don't know how long. I'm not impatient, I know there is time. You stir though, you sit up in bed and when you look around you notice something isn't quite right. There's a stillness to everything, like everything is hanging suspended in time.

You look out your window but you can't see anything. Everything beyond the glass looks like an endless void. It hurts your eyes to look at it so you drop the curtains and get out of bed. I inch closer, watching you and smelling you as you make your way to the bathroom. You notice that you aren't the same either. One eye has begun to shift color. You touch that eye and I sniff at the nape of your neck.

Whipping around you nearly catch me, but I escape your sight. I'm not ready for you to see me yet. I've been waiting on you for so long, I want to enjoy having you here for a bit longer. I want to see how to adapt to this place.

You don't seem frightened. In fact, you seem relieved. Then again, after the life you lived, I wouldn't blame you for feeling at home here. There's nothing here that can hurt you. Well, they could try but I would kill them faster than they could think of your blood.

You wander around the place. It's no different than your previous home, only it's not anything like it at all. Everything is where it should be and you know that nothing is where it's supposed to be. You begin taking pictures off the wall and stuffing them into the closet. After a while, you sit in the kitchen and make yourself a pot of coffee. You set out two mugs. When you realize what you've done I see tears come to your eyes. You bottom lip trembles and your shoulders begin to shake.

"Crying can be healing," I growl.

You jump, a loud sob escaping your throat as you try to find me. "I know someone is there! Come out! Stop watching me!"

I step from the shadows and your eyes grow wide. The one shifting color glows slightly as I stoop through the doorway and stand before you in the kitchen. Your jaw drops slightly as you take in the sight of me. Your eyes glide up my long body, the mottled fur on my legs and hips that crawls up my back to my wings. My large antlers scrape the ceiling and I duck down a little more.

"What....who..." you stumble with your words as your gaze upon me.

"I'm no danger to you," I reply. "I'm merely your host here." I reach out, touching your cheek and running my finger under your changing eye. "I'm Furfures."

You shrink at my touch, seeming to expect something a little harsher. You glance up at me and you swallow back. "I don't understand," you whisper.

"You're safe here," I reply, pulling my hand back. "Your cries reached me and you summoned me to you."

"How?" You touched your cheek where my hand had just been

"You managed to draw my summoning mark," I say. "In your pain you found me and I took your hand when you reached it out to me."

You look down at your feet and then back up at me with wide eyes. "Do I have to go back?" You ask with a frightened voice.

I shake your head. "You don't have to go anywhere until you command me to."

You visibly relax, a soft smile spreads across your lips and you nod. "Good. Good." You fidget with your hands and then turn to the coffee pot. "Do you want any?" You pour a cup and extend it to me.

Over the next few days, you take to live in the void very easily. You like the quiet, in fact, you relish in it. You sometimes just sleep for hours. Other times you go through books on the shelves. You've drawn all the curtains on the windows, the outside hurts your eyes far too much.