Barbas the Demon

Male Monster Reader x Female Human

I am in a great deal of a pickle. I feel as if the universe is collapsing in on my head! As of recently, as if it is some horrible trend, the demon lords have been disappearing. One by one they have been leaving our realm and going to earth. Now granted, some of the lords have been banished, sent to locations where they cannot move. Being sent to the human realm is supposed to be a PUNISHMENT, not a leisure cruise!

I am the majordomo to the demon lords. I keep track of their whereabouts and make sure they are where they are supposed to be. Needless to say, no one is where they are fucking supposed to be! I have been trying to hold the fort down, other demons and specters have been looking for them. Baal started this. He ran off centuries ago claiming he was bored! Bored! Of all things he was bored? I had plenty for him to do. Then, when Eligos vanished, it just seems like everyone jumped on the same ship. "Hey guys, let's stress the fuck out of Barbas and go fuck humans for eternity."

It's my responsibility to make sure all the demon lords are accounted for. As such, it all falls on my head to go look for them. So much imbalance in our realm is not right. If I don't get some of them back, bad things could start to happen. I know things are bad when I keep my tail coiled around me under my robes. I comfort myself this way, always have. I squeeze my tail around myself in an attempt to soothe the anxiety.

I make up my mind that, if I find Eligos first and coerce him back then the others will follow. After all, it was his troublesome influence that had caused all the others to vacate in the first place. His control is great, especially since Baal is MIA.

I manage to track Eligos down, and I transport myself as close as I can to his location. I stand in the middle of a human apartment. It is nothing I would assume Eligos would be comfortable with. Why would he ever stay in such a place?

I look around, hoping to find some evidence of Eligos here. For sure, I can sense him. His dark energy is thick in the air, and yet it feels like he has never been here before. This apartment is small, the kitchen is tiny, and the sink is full of dishes. The fridge is nothing to sniff at, barely any food in there at all. In another room, the floor is lined with white sheets, and there are canvases and stacked papers everywhere. Near the windows, there is an easel, and the floor around it is covered with paint. There is a canvas on the easel, and when you walk around to see it, you see a strangely hypnotic painting. It looks almost like a woman dancing naked. Her arms are raised, and she faced forward, but it also looks like smoke in the breeze.

The door opens, and I freeze. Someone walks into the apartment and is singing to themselves. Keys rattled as they are laid on the table. I turn to try and hide, but I end up hitting the canvas and knocking over the easel. They fall with a loud clatter and hit a stack of empty cans.

"Hello?" Her voice calls out.

I trip, stepping right onto one of the cans and falling backward onto the paint-spattered sheet. The next thing I know, I'm looking up to the light and seeing a shadow hovering over me.

"Oh dear," she says, "are you hurt?"

I sit up, staring up at this woman. I'm in trouble now. I've been seen, I'm caught! If she panics and starts to scream, I'll never be able to get all the lords back!

"You're awful cute," she says and smiles. Her dark hair falls off her shoulder.

I choke for a moment. "What?"

She holds her hand out to me. "Can you stand?"

I rise up, ignoring her offered hand. She's much taller than me, then again everyone is taller than me. Her skin is a vibrant brown color, and her face is smattered with dark freckles. She chuckles and looks me over.