The Cerberus

Female Reader x Male Monster (Multiple heads)

You had been hiding in the library for months now. You go there every day and wandering the aisles upon aisles of books. Ever since moving to a bigger city, your family has been trying to get you to go out and enjoy the new life around you. They thought you were going out every day and roaming the city. Really, you only went to the library and went through the treasure map like layout.

Every day you went to a new section and picked out a stack of books. You read through each one, narrowing down which ones you wanted to borrow. You now knew the librarian by name and she often shared her lunch with you.

One day she gave you a key. "This goes to the locked section on the second floor," she whispers to you. "It's full of old books that I'm too afraid to touch. You're so good with them. As long as you promise to keep the books safe, you can keep that key. All I ask is that you clean and dust in there for me." She winks at you.

"Oh!" You gasp. "Yes, of course! Thank you!" You hug her tight and take the key. You run upstairs and go to the door. You stand before the glass wall. The door foggy glass reading 'Restricted Section'.

You slip the key into the lock. As you turn the knob and step inside you smell the old books. The musky smell of ancient pages and worn leather. The floors are dusty, it's obvious they have been ignored for ages. You tell yourself you'll pick out five books and then you'll sweep an aisle. You'll read a bit, sweet another aisle, read again, and then dust. You skim along the spines of the books. Some are faded and threadbare. Others are restored and bright. You select several books and you sit down on the dusty floor. You feel as if you've broken into a museum and are staring at relics and artifacts yet seen by anyone. You feel special.

You soon lose track of time as you begin going through each book. You tell yourself that this is the last one. No, this is the last one. No, this one I promise. You've spent such a long time reading that you wake up, splayed out on the floor. You sit up and rub your eyes. The library is dark, only a few dim lights remain on. The restricted room you're in is pitch black.

You take you keychain and click on the mini flashlight you have. You turn on a light and sigh. There's no point trying to find a way out, you tell yourself. You huff and return to your stack of books. Plopping down on the dusty floor you open a book. There are strange drawings all over the pages. There are footnotes written in a language you can't read or even recognize. Some of the pages are stuck together, crusted at the edges with something brown. As you go further into the book you come across drawings of creatures. There are some that scare you. As you try to turn pages faster your finger slips and it slices along the side of the page.

"Ow," you gasp. You watch a pearl of blood form and then splash onto the page. "Oh no," you reach for your purse, trying to find issues inside. "Shit, shit." You frown as your purse spills. Thunder crashes and you freeze. Lightning flashes overhead and you look up, seeing a stormy sky forming on the ceiling.

Your mouth hangs open as you watch dark clouds swirl and spin. Thunder shakes the room and lightening blinds you. You duck under a shelf, squeezing your eyes shut tight as the storm rages. Your heart booms in your throat as you try to convince yourself that you're still dreaming.

The thunder stops, the howling winds become a low whimper. You peer out to where the stack of books was. You see something moves.

"I can smell it," a deep voice growls.

"Don't talk so loud," a similar but timid voices hushes.

A third voice laughs, "we aren't even out and about for two seconds and already you're trying to take the lead."

"I am the lead!" The first voice snarls.

"Guys!" The second gasps.

You hold your breath, trying to slide away from the shelves and to the door. You then see a set of paws walking down the aisle. They're huge, big enough to make pudding out of your skull.