The Carnival's Cabaret

Female Reader x Female Monster x Male Monster (Poly)

"Well, you tell that so-called Mr. Faire that I am not ready to get up and go yet! He's just going to have to wait until I can find my mother fucking Christian Louboutins!" There's a crash and shatter, things being thrown and more incoherent screaming from the back.

"He's at it again," Fye sighs as she clips her hair back.

I've already secured my closet and have anchored down my bed as well as Fye's. I've also helped most of the cabaret's crew with their chores as well, foreseeing this very thing happening.

"You should go in there," Fye gives me a little shove.

"Uh, no, I shouldn't," I scoff. "I am the last person who needs to go in there," I say, pointing off towards the back where high pitched wailing can now be heard.

"Aww, but Muna needs you," Fye feigns simpering sympathy. She reaches out and pinches my cheek. "He needs his little donut." Her fox-like face is lovely, even if I know she's trying to torment me.

I smack her hand away. "The last time I tried to calm him down, I was pinned down for an hour while he cried."

Fye smirks at me, her lovely lips curling at the tips. "It isn't so bad. Muna is a good looking man, in or out of drag."

I scowl at her. "That isn't the point."

"Where are they?" Another loud scream from Muna, and then one of his trunks is thrown from the door.

I sigh and my shoulders slouch. "If I'm the only one," I snarl in her direction as she shakes her head.

I stride down the hallway and step over the destruction Muna has thrown from his room. "Muna," I call out to him. "Muna, darling." I peek into his room, ready to duck at the first sign of danger. "Can I come in? It's me, Bron."

"Bron?" Muna whimpers, looking up from the mess on the floor. He wipes at his face and huffs. "I must look a mess. I don't want you to see me like this."

I have seen Muna this way many times. I have worked in Mr. Faire's circus for a long time, moving on to Muna's cabaret show not long after Mr. Faire found me. Muna is prone to his tantrums and fits, but he's a genuinely good boss, as well as a person. Or, well, whatever the hell he is. No one in Mr. Faire's circus is exactly what they seem. We are all creatures who have been abandoned and forgotten, abused and neglected.

I sit down beside Muna and sigh, trying to figure out the best plan of action here. "Mr. Faire says we need to go soon or else we'll be late. Now, I know you want to find your shoes-"

"Not just any shoes!" Muna stands up and I realize he's naked beside the fur-lined sheer robe he's wearing. His black widow robe, as he calls it. "My Louboutins! Vintage! Priceless!" He shakes his fists in the air.

I glance out the door, seeing Fye with a devious smirk on her lips as she watches from a distance. "You mean the ones you loaned to Fye last night?"

"I would never loan my-" it then clicks in his head. "You lying bitch!" He throws himself out the door, chasing Fye. While he's gone, I straighten up and get things in order so we can at least get the cabaret tents moved.

Finally, after Fye confesses to her crimes, we collect in the main hall where all the performers from all over the circus stay as we move to the next location. Muna sits beside me, ignoring and even excluding Fye for having teased him.

"You're the only one I can trust here, Bron." He sighs. His long legs stretch out as he lays against me. Muna is exceptionally tall, probably closer to seven feet than anything. He's lovely too, just like Fye said. In and out of Drag, he is a creature of strange beauty. He is like an owl with his sharp features and wide dark eyes. His long golden hair is something I have much admired, especially since I hate my hair grown out. He's also covered in freckles, his whole body is like the milky way with its constellations and patterns.