End is the beginning(1).

I laughed softly in sadness, looking at the man in front of me on my deathbed in a hospital. " I didn't expect the man I deemed my enemy to stay with me till my death."

He looked at me with no expression sitting beside me as usual, listening to my ramblings. He started coming to me on the first day I got admitted to the hospital, his family hospital. I didn't expect to meet him, the fact I ignored our engagement to chase another man. Finally, I suffered retribution for everything, indirectly killing my only blood-related family, playing villainess for everybody, and ending my ancestor's and parent's work with my own hands.

I turned my gaze to the ceiling as a drop of tear landed on a fluffy white pillow. 

"I was stupid and naive, so foolish to kill my brother for 'him,' my baby brother," I spoke with agony.

I threw away my pride to chase him, yet he already had a family with her. He knew I hated her, disdained her, yet they were together before he saved me.

The supposed accident, the coincidences of meeting him in my favorite tea shop. A naive young girl whose parents died with a multi-billionaire company at her feet and her little brother. Relatives who want to take custody of her takes advantage of her parental love friends who like her for pretty things because of her position as heiress of a multi-billionaire company.

I sneered mockingly, looking at the ceiling with dry tears on my cheek. "He doesn't like tea but coffee. He detests tea with her, yet why didn't I notice? why?!"

I looked at the ceiling, and he looked at me, both of us with no expressions, but if I had turned my head to him, I would have noticed emotions on his face as his eyes flickered. Emotions are called grief, regrets, love, and obsession. Unfortunately, I didn't turn my head. Sadly I didn't notice the person I deemed my enemy was in love with me.

We both stayed in silence for a few minutes before the ringtone vibrated. The man with me brought his phone to his ear and spoke in the silent room. I could hear someone's voice talking on the phone to him. 

'That should be his assistant.' I thought to myself.

"Yes." A deep mesmerizing masculine voice answered and cut the call on the person. I could feel his gaze on the side of my face. 

I turned my face to him and wondered for both of us to hear. " why didn't I fall in love with you?"

I often ask myself that question. He is more handsome than 'him' and has more money than him. I was familiar with him since we were little. 

His body stiffened while looking at me. I laughed inwardly at his reaction. I think he knew I was laughing, and his unreadable eyes softened at my action. I blinked to look at him, but his eyes were still unreadable that I thought it was an illusion. 

'I must be seeing things.' I thought.

I continued. "Although you might not love me, you will give me respect and protection. If you love someone in our marriage, I would have tried to chase you, but if the love is unrequited, I would learn to let go, like now with 'him.' '' 

He looked at me with the same unreadable expression, and I looked at him for a while before turning my gaze to the ceiling. I sighed to myself. If only, but there is no if, in this world, time waits for no one.

"I have so many regrets, but unfortunately, I am dying that I can't do one thing right. I would have made a grave for my brother, given my parent's company to you to manage at least you will make it prosper under your name rather than mine, Put his family in prison for all their wrongdoings and teach my relatives a lesson." I stopped myself from talking because it was getting harder to talk. He stood from his seat when he noticed my condition.