Before Five Years

''I heard from a birdie that you went to the airport,'' The singing voice of Lin Fenhua was the first thing I heard stepping into the living room.

''I should destroy your company if you have time to spy on mine,'' I lay on the couch with my arm covering my eyes.

''You are not better than the teacher,'' He seemed to brag from his voice.

''Try me,'' Removing my hand, I stared at him, seated on the couch facing my direction.

''So your husband is traveling and leaving you with so many of his rivals,'' He joked.

My face became hot at the word 'My husband.'

''Ohhh?'' Lin Fenhua narrowed his eyes at my face.

''It seems something is going on between you too,'' He smirked slightly.

I turned my face to the other side without saying anything.

''He's my fiancee. What else besides that?'' I applauded myself inwardly at my calm voice.

He chuckled lowly at my action,'' Honestly, I don't know what you are embarrassed about, but I am happy your fiance is capable of feeling something towards you.''

''Of course, he has feelings. He's human,'' I faced him regardless of my flushed face.

''Some might not think the same way you do. In the business world, some fear you, and many fear him. He doesn't spare any of his opponents in business like you, but he is more ruthless. He gives me goosebumps sometimes,'' Lin Fenhua said.

''You know many women are after my position as his fiancee, right?'' I arched my eyebrow at his statement.

Lin Jiali and Fang Li Wei are good examples.

Lin Fenhua's explanation seems too exaggerated to me. Of course, I know Lu Bowen won't spare his opponents in business but calling him ruthless doesn't seem right either.

If he is not strong, many will take advantage of his weakness.

Even the weak can be strong when the strong are weak.

I learned that the hard way in my previous life.

''How many people do not want power and money?'' He asked, facing the flat screen television displaying a show since I entered the room.

Well, I just noticed it now.

''Those women are targeting the seat beside him like men are targeting the seat beside you,'' He smiled jokingly.

''Hmph!'' I faced the ceiling.

''Anyway, it's good my cute younger sister is experiencing young love,'' He said with a grin.

My face became hot again.

''When will you start your university?'' He asked after laughing at me.

''Hmmm... I am waiting for the admission letter. Then I will know the resumption date,'' I replied.

I submitted my high school results and personal statement before attending the Fang family banquet.

Hopefully, I will receive good news from the university.

''You seem confident,'' Lin Fenhua stated.

''Of course, if I am not confident in myself, who will?'' I asked.

''Your dear fiance, Lu Bowen,'' He teased.

Again, My face became hot after calming it down.

''You are enjoying my reaction to his name,'' I murmured, still facing the ceiling.

''It's nice to see you behaving like a normal teenager when you seem like an adult most times,'' He pointed out.

'Well, that's because I am older than you mentally,' I thought.

''Anyway, I will soon start to deal with uncle and his family, especially his distant relative,'' I changed the topic.

''Why do you keep mentioning their names in front of me?'' Lin Fenhua sighed.

''I told you, you can do anything to them without my opinion,'' He said, seriously, as I faced him.

''You do not want revenge?'' They treated him poorly like he was not their son and sibling. Others followed his family's acting like he was not the young master of the Lin Family.

Doesn't he feel the need to take revenge?

If I were in his position, I would want to make them beg for forgiveness one day.

''Of course, sometimes I do, but it will be more fun to see them suffer in your hands,'' Lin Fenhua slyly smirked.

''Besides, your life is more interesting to explore, little sister,'' He winked.

''My brother is BiaoBiao, not you,'' I deadpanned.

''That's what you say, but you don't mean it,'' He beamed.

I frowned at his irritating smile before smiling slightly, ''Yeah.''

''See, you can't deny my sibling love,'' He said.

''I am going to pick BiaoBiao from school since I am home early,'' I ignored him and stood up.

---

TWO MONTHS LATER

''Young Miss, A letter came for you,'' Lin Min entered my office as I read some business proposals.

''Drop it,'' I didn't look up from the paper in my hand.

''You have a meeting in the next thirty minutes,'' She reminded me after dropping the letter.

''Hmmm, thank you, you can go,'' I answered.

After the door closed, I put the paper on the table and sighed, rubbing my forehead.

''Who is it now?" I picked up the envelope and opened it.

 A few moment later after reading the letter, A small voice said in the quiet office.''I got in.''

I read the letter over and over again to make sure that I was not hallucinating because this letter was slightly out of my expectation especially with the name of school.

Yes, it was a letter of my admission.

''Well done, Lin Lihua,'' I praised myself for coming this far after my rebirth.

'Good job,' I almost wanted to cry but it was from happiness.

Folding the paper into the envelope, I placed it aside before looking at the bouquet on a separate table in the office.

I smiled at the flowers and said a name that always makes my heart race. '' Bowen.''

Another chapter guys

Enjoy and Post soon on Monday.