Another Meeting with Grandpa Lu

''You don't have to meet me every two weeks,'' Grandpa Lu sighed as we sat in the garden.

''It is my duty as your future granddaughter-in-law,'' Sipping my chrysanthemum tea, I answered

''I am not that old, granddaughter,'' Grandpa Lu frowned, staring at the beautiful flowers.

''Pfft..'' A snicker sounded behind me, and I glanced at the middle-aged butler covering his giggle with a cough.

''Continue laughing and see who will handle your paycheck,'' Grandpa Lu threatened the butler without looking at him.

As expected, the butler's face stopped smiling at his threat.

I chuckled lowly at their little antics.

''How is your body, Grandfather?'' I asked, worriedly

''As I told you earlier, I am not that old, granddaughter,''Grandpa Lu raised his eyebrow at me.

''Yes, sir,'' I sipped my tea before looking at the flowers.

'Granddaughter, Huh,' No one had ever called me that since my grandparents from both sides of the family died before I was born.

''How is the company?'' Grandpa Lu also asked.

Well, if I should answer in one word, it would be fine.

Five years ago, Lu Bowen left the sort-out issues with the Lu company. I haven't seen or heard from him.

Only the anonymous flowers come from him.

How do I know?

I noticed that he calls me my Hua sometimes, and Hua in Chinese means many words, but my late parents specifically chose the one that means flower.

Also, Fang Weiyi came to ask me in my office during his free visits if I had received flowers from Lu Bowen. That happened before he started sending flowers.

Each time I look at the bouquet in my office, I can't help but think about my previous life.

Flowers can bloom and wilt.

In my previous life, I wilted, but in this life, I bloomed and will continue to shine.

''The company is Fine, Just Fine,'' I answered, recalling that I couldn't do many things in my previous life, but I did in this life.

Lin Biao didn't die of poison, and the company is under my control, although my grip is not yet tight for my uncle to still be able to slip his spies inside the company,

And I was able to get admission to one of the fifty-ranking universities, which was a shock for me.

When I sent my high school results and personal statements, It was to some foreign universities and the five best universities in the country.

I was confident about getting admission to the five best universities in the country, but I wasn't very optimistic about foreign universities.

They will be better results than mine, so I didn't have hope of getting an admission letter from any of them.

Surprisingly I got admission to one of them, and it was the first admission letter among the schools I applied to.

It was also a school I didn't expect to get admission from, but I did.

And it was the best of all the schools I applied to, including the five best in my country. So I accepted.

Luckily they offer online classes for people if their reasons are sensible and rational for them.

I was the guardian of an eight-year-old, so my reason was more than perfect for them to permit me to do online classes.

Although to get what you want, you must plan and work hard towards that goal, and I did.

''Very Fine,'' I smiled towards Grandpa Lu because when things work in your favor, especially after hard work, you will be satisfied that all your sacrifices were worth it.

''I see. It seems my grandson won't worry about you,'' Grandpa Lu smiled teasingly.

My face became hot at his statement as I avoided his teasing gaze.

''But Lihua, you are very talented in the business world. I hope your brother won't disappoint me,'' Grandpa said, and I looked at him at the mention of my brother.

''Don't worry, Grandfather, he won't,'' I grinned confidently. BiaoBiao would not let me down, I am sure of that.

''You are very confident in him. It is rare to find people like you, unlike your uncle,'' Grandpa Lu sighed.

'It seems my uncle's schemes couldn't escape Grandpa Lu's eyes,' I chuckled inwardly.

'' I will respect my parents' decision, and BiaoBiao is my brother. He won't fail but surpass me,'' I spoke more confidently.

Grandpa Lu looked at me briefly before closing his eyes and smiling, ''You are really like my late wife.''

I didn't say anything and just enjoyed the warm and quiet atmosphere.

'Beautiful,' I complimented the flowers as my hair swayed in the slight breeze.

''My grandson will be coming back soon, and then we can plan for the engagement,'' Grandpa Lu's voice brought me back to reality.

He stood up with his walking stick, and the butler moved from his position to hold his free hand.

I stood up, but it seemed he didn't need me.

''I told you to stop treating me like a child,'' Grandpa Lu pouted at the butler's action.

I laughed slightly at him as he moved gently with the butler's help.

''I want to have my great-grandchildren soon,'' He said without looking back.

After the door closed, Covering my face with both hands, my face felt very hot, and I am sure it was red, so red.

Another chapter readers

Again, can you guess my pitiful situation, Another freaking test! Today!!!😭

Being a student is not easy😢 who can relate?😫

Also do not forget to check out my new story in my profile, The Silver Dracarys (TSD).

If you like the new story, please give it some love.🥰

Enjoy and Post soon on Thursday.😘