The Lin branch family.

After the banquet

Slap

Slap

Lin Jiali's face forcefully shifted to each side thanks to the large and coarse hand landing on her face. Her eyes became watery, and her cheeks began to sting due to the pain. The pretty face she uses for her acting career became slightly disfigured due to bulging and turning red.

Lin Jiali turned her stare to her father, who dropped his hand after slapping her.

''D-Daddy, w-why?'' She wanted to talk, but her swollen cheeks didn't allow her to speak well.

Lin Junfeng's face twisted into a furious expression before looking at Yun Meili, who stared at him in shock. ''This is the daughter you raised?"

''This is the daughter you raised?! He repeated, but a little louder.

All the servants in the living room quickly left when they saw the drama about to occur. It is not advisable to be present because they do not know what their masters will do to them.

 Lin Jiali glanced at their scuttling backs and felt humiliated that her father would slap her in front of the servants.

Her father had never slapped her before, so why did he do it?

'Why?' She wanted to know the reason, but she felt disgraced that the servants had to be present before they left.

Lin Jiali was about to speak to the father, but his furious expression made her choke on her words.

''..J-Junfeng-g...'' Yun Meili was stunned by her husband's actions. She knew Lin Junfeng would be angry, but she never expected him to vent his anger on their daughter's face.

Her daughter is her favorite child among her three children and her pride, so how could her husband do that?

''I have been telling you not to offend Lin Lihua, but you had to embarrass my face and name when you couldn't recognize your eldest brother,'' Lin Junfeng couldn't forget the gazes of his colleagues and acquaintances when he came back from his little outing. After hearing murmurs from them, he could guess what Lin Jiali did.

''You almost offend the Lu Family with your words. Can't you see that Lin Lihua is engaged to president Lu?'' Lin Junfeng said.

At his words, Lin Jiali forgot about the stinging pain in her cheeks and blanked out at his words.

''The engagement is not accurate. Bowen and the Lu family did not clarify the rumors,'' She blurted despite the pain on her cheeks.

She can never accept that her cousin would be engaged to Lu Bowen.

''Yes, Junfeng, the Lu family did not say anything about the rumors,'' Yun Meili also sided with her daughter.

''Besides, Junfeng, Jiali won't be in this mess if you were present with us at the banquet,'' Lin Lihua's words made her recall her husband's absence during the banquet, and Yun Meili was suspicious of him.

Normally, he won't leave her side unless he was going to greet a friend or his colleagues. Even if he went outside, she would be aware of his movement because he would tell her.

Lin Junfeng's eyebrow twitched as he spoke. ''I had some work to do.''

How could Yun Meili not know what that tiny action meant?

It only happens when Lin Junfeng lies. He might have thought he lied well, but she noticed that movement, and it seemed he was unaware. She thought it was cute for someone like him at their younger age when she caught it, but now all she wanted to do was to kill the vixen that seduced her husband.