The aphrodisiac scheme (4)

Yun Meili did not know if the heavens answered her wishes. However, even if she was happy with the unexpected events, she still could not hide the surprise from her face.

''Huiqing, I think the server mistook someone else for my niece.''

Of course, Yun Meili would not forget to add more fire to the unexpected situation. She sharply glanced at both sides, especially where Lin Lihua stood with Lu Bowen, and saw only Lu Bowen standing alone.

Her mind came up with different scenarios, like another young miss scheming against Lin Lihua, and decided to help the unknown young miss. Either way, her niece would finally be out of the way, and her Jiali could enter the Lu family.

If only she knew......

Thinking of her daughter, Yun Meili noticed her absence in the banquet hall.

'Is she still in the toilet?' She wondered.

Seeing Yun Meili's stunned action and denial of Lan Huiqing's claims from a server, the wives of the prominent family could see she was truly unaware. Also, Yun Meili has been sitting with them for a long time, and she did nothing apart from talking and listening to them.

The wives' suspicions against Yun Meili lessened, and they wondered who was so bold to scheme against the famous Lin President.

''.....''

Lan Huiqing stared at Yun Meili and the other madams. She knew everyone had different thoughts, and no one was truly worried about the incident apart from herself.

'They don't know that I will suffer the consequences if anything happens to president Lin,' Her hands clenched as she knew if anything went wrong with Lin Lihua, Lu Bowen would not spare her family.

'Nothing stupid must happen in the banquet or else.....'

Lan Huiqing recalled her husband's cold voice, and her body trembled slightly in fear. She also knew that if nothing went her husband's way, she would be the first to bear his wrath.

''Mum..'' Lu Rouxi was always attentive to her mother and could see through her right away.

Holding her mother's hand, she stared at her timid mother with a smile, ''It is okay.''

''Rouxi...'' Feeling her daughter's hand, her fearful state returned to normal, and she calmed herself before focusing on the matter.

'' I will have to deal with the situation, and I hope the madams can wait here for a while.''

Lan Huiqing only wanted her and her daughter to check if what the server said was true. She was not that dumb to believe the server's words, and from the rumors she had heard about the famous President Lin, she also could not believe that someone could fall for an obvious scheme.

' But...how did she leave Bowen?' Lan Huiqing thought as she did not recall Lin Lihua leaving the hall. She only remembered Lin Jiali going to the toilet, thanks to the murmurs from the madams.

''Huiqing, I am Lin Lihua's aunt, so I must be there, and as I said earlier, I do not believe that my niece will have an affair under her fiancée's nose.''

Yun Meili could see what Lan Huiqing was trying to do and immediately blocked her words. She knew that latter was trying to be considerate of Lin Lihua, but she did not want that.

She wanted everyone to see her niece in a humiliating state.

''We also need some madams to be witnesses. However, I don't think my niece would do that....'' Yun Meili looked like a worrying and troubled aunt to the madams.