Fang Weiyi's revenge (2)

''But grandmother..........'' Fang Li Wei's voice sounded through the screen. It displayed a recording.

''What? I know my Li Wei is better than the Lin family heiress, so what are you afraid of?" The matriarch's voice resonated in the quiet hall.

''Let me tell you something, my granddaughter. Men love women who are weaker than them. Like I stole the late patriarch from his late wife......'' One could hear the smugness in her tone. It sounded like she was proud of her statement.

Gasps echoed in the banquet at the discovery.

''Turn it off!'' The matriarch jumped from her seat, despite her old and wrinkled body. She looked pale and her old body trembled like she could fall any moment.

It seemed her shout snapped the daze out of the three family members on the stage, and Fang Li Wei's father hurried to the record room to shut off the projecting screen because the ceiling of the banquet hung the image projector.

''You can steal Lu's family's young heir from the Lin family's heiress if the rumors about their engagement come true. I am sure if he can't handle her equal status with him in the business world, he will look for a woman who will depend on him. Like your grandfather, The late patriarch couldn't handle his wife's independence, so he came onto me, and you are here, my grandchild, as you are of his blood.''

''Don't worry when the time comes. I will tell you what to do.

'' The recording changed to another image on the screen.

This time it showed Fang Li Wei, but a younger version of her with Fang Weiyi in the hallways. It was a video.

''You stole my book and showed it to the matriarch as yours, didn't you?'' The younger Fang Weiyi stared at the Younger Fang Li Wei.

''I am her grandchild, so I should be the smarter one, not you,'' The Younger Fang Li Wei sneered at her cousin.

Many videos of Fang Li Wei stealing Fang Weiyi's notebooks from his room and other places from time to time appeared on the screen.

''People should know me as the genius of the Fang family, not him,'' She declared as her eyes revealed resentment while holding a book in one of the videos.

Fang Li Wei stared at the videos with a pale face and whispered in disbelief, ''H-How?''

How did all her secrets get into many videos?

She seemed to recall something and searched through the crowd for her cousin, Fang Weiyi.

Finding him beside her nemesis, he smiled at her with a mocking salute and left the banquet hall with Lin Lihua.

That smile brought her to a memory when he grinned at her the same way.

Like he was staring at an idiot.

'He planned this,' She came into a conclusion.

'He planned this from the start at their young age,' Her pale face became white like snow at that discovery.

Facing the crowd, she could see disgust, gloating, scorn, disdain, contempt, and all negative emotions opposite from what they welcomed her at the beginning of the banquet.

'It's over,' she dropped to her knees.

'Finished,' She didn't hear her mother's cries as those words echoed in her head repeatedly.

'Finished.'

'I am finished.'

And the projecting screen that was exposing her seemed to be on Fang Weiyi's side and went off immediately after it had done its job.

----

After leaving the commotion, Lin Lihua and Fang Weiyi exited the banquet hall and walked in silence with different thoughts. Lin Lihua was satisfied with the wonderful drama. Fang Li Wei was getting on her nerves with the sudden hostility. 

While Fang Weiyi was feeling Lin Lihua would not want to associate him again, after all he schemed against his cousin even though he was the victim. Lin Lihua was one of his close and precious friends who regarded him without ulterior motives and Fang Weiyi does not want to lose her.

 Fang Weiyi glanced repatedly at Lin Lihua who did not utter a word since they left the banquet hall. He could not take the silence anymore and asked Lin Lhua,''You are not going to say anything?''

''Why should I say anything?" She gave an immediate reply with an arched eyebrow.

Fang Weiyi wrinkled his eyebrows at her words but his lips almost twitched into a grin as they walked into the parking lot with many parked expensive cars.

As he thought, His sister-in-law did not treat him differently.

They stood by Lin Lihua's black car with the back door opened by Fang Weiyi.

''I thought you would call me a wicked person,'' Fang Weiyi mumbled sadly.

He couldn't help but have these thoughts. After all, He has seen scorn and disgust from people during banquets he attends without the Lu family's butler.

Although he is the Fang family's young master, many think his cousin will inherit the family business as the family's genius.

That makes him the useless young master with no value in people's eyes.

But as Lu Bowen's friend, people still try to associate with him, even girls that throw themselves at him because of money, status, and power.

Although he has a rumor of a playboy, he isn't one.

His cousin couldn't handle him being better than herself.

''Why would I call you that? Do not forget I came to you for my cousin's illness, not your bimbo cousin,'' Lin Lihua looked at him like an idiot. She felt Fang Weiyi might be genius in medicine but he might be stupid in other aspects.

Fang Weiyi chuckled lowly at her words with a nod.

Yeah, his friend is not like those snakes he had encountered in this white and black world.

He confirmed that when they met for the first time in Lu's family's home.

She didn't look at him like those people but as an ordinary person.

''What are you going to do now?'' Lin Lihua asked him.

Fang Weiyi sighed at the trouble, waiting for him in the banquet hall.

''Don't worry, I will deal with them,'' He rubbed his forehead like he was going to have a headache soon. He could imagine the near future with piling problems.

''I am not worried,'' Lin Lihua snorted and turned to enter the vehicle.

Fang Weiyi laughed lowly at her plain lie and closed the door before the car drove away.

Looking at the disappearing car, The smile on his face vanished like an illusion as he heard Fang Li Wei shouting his name in the hall from outside, ''Now, let me collect my debts from my dear cousin.''

Fang Weiyi turned his back and strolled leisurely with his pocketed hands to the banquet while whistling. He looked like a carefree person, totally different from the person who exposed Fang Li Wei's shame.

Another chapter guys.

Enjoy!