The aphrodisiac scheme (1)

There were many circumstances Lu Muyang saw his youngest brother, who is also his third brother in Lu Bowen. Of course, they will be similarities between a parent and their child, but Lu Muyang felt the similarities between his nephew and his third brother were too much.

When it comes to business, it's like the hands of his third brother and nephew were blessed by the gods, as the outcomes of any investments or company-related problems would never be negative.

Lu Muyang recalled during his third brother's reign in the company, he had never failed or brought down people's hopes. They were always a song of praise from the shareholders, directors, managers, and employees, and even rumors spread about the successful achievement of the company thanks to his third brother.

People gradually forgot about him, the firstborn child, first male child of the Lu family and the original heir of the Lu company.

Whenever he went, they greeted him as elder master with little respect, but if it were his third brother, they greeted him as President. Honor, admiration, esteem, and many positive emotions overflowed from the tone of their voice and shining eyes. All of that was supposed to be his.

Lu Muyang felt his third brother, who did not pose a threat, unlike his second brother, was an eyesore and wanted to eliminate him at any cost.

The only weakness of his third brother was trusting him as a family member, a big brother, and that was how Lu Myang removed him from the world.

''It seems you came for revenge, third brother, as your son is more ruthless than you,'' Lu Myang mumbled as he stared at Lu Bowen, who blended into the crowd, holding hands with his Lin Lihua.

'And mother, is this also your revenge?' Lu Muyang thought as his eyes flickered with regrets and sadness. The incident of years ago, was unforgettable to him as he was the cause of everything, even losing his position to his third brother.

Lu Muyang knew that if he had not done that, his third brother would grovel at his feet for money and position in the company, and his nephew, Lu Bowen, would not be as arrogant as he now.

'It is too late for regrets, Muyang,' Lu Muyang closed his eyes to remove unwanted feelings and thoughts. 'You chose this path. Own it, and show mother that you were not wrong for doing that.'

After telling himself, Lu Muyang opened his eyes and Lin Junfeng, who stood silently beside him, felt the change in the atmosphere. Then hesitantly called out, ''Muyang?''

''Hmm, I am okay,'' Lu Muyang smiled warmly at Lin Junfeng before surveying the crowd of suits and glittering until seeing the stature of his nephew. His curved lips remained, but the look in his eyes changed to a vicious one. ''I am perfectly okay.''

Without knowing his uncle's vicious thoughts, not that Lu Bowen would be surprised as he knew his uncle had hated him and his father long ago. He concentrated on the squishy, soft, and small hand engulfed in his big ones, and his eyes never trailed away from the beautiful lady standing beside him. He adored the fact that Lin Lihua stood confidently beside him without shame.

Of course, Lin Lihua was aware of the scorching gaze of her fiancée as he did not hide his stare from the beginning.

''What?'' She shyly mumbled, meeting his gaze as she did not know how to avoid it when many eyes were looking at them.

Seeing the flushed face of his fiancée, Lu Bowen's eyes naturally traveled down to the pink, glossy lips that seemed to be pouting. He slowly gulped down the air as his eyes never left those lips, but at the same time, he did not want to avoid those blue eyes that resembled the blue sea.

''I love the fact that you are mine,'' Lu Bowen did not hide his thoughts. His free hand moved slowly to her face, and Lin Lihua's blue eyes followed it until she felt her cheek being cupped by him. ''I can't wait any longer for your name to carry my name.''

Lin Lihua continued to stare at affectionate eyes and grinned mischievously at him. ''You have to wait months for that.''

''I know, but I might not necessarily do that, Love,'' Lu Bowen chuckled as he caressed her smooth and lovely face.

Again...another endearment.

''You changed from Hua to love,'' Lin Lihua pointed out in a small voice. She asked curiously, ''Why?''

She actually liked it when Lu Bowen called her by that name as it was only him doing that, and has the right to do so.

''......'' Lu Bowen did not answer at first as if it surprised him she would ask about that, but he later cleared his throat and replied, ''I-I wanted to call you by that for a long time,'' and also to prepare you for our future together.

He said that quietly in his heart.

Lu Bowen knew that he could not call Lin Lihua 'Love' when they had no relationship at the beginning or rather when she did not see him as anything other than an arranged partner for her future.

So he started with 'My Hua,' meaning his flower, and gradually it changed to love when he confirmed Lin Lihua's feelings and saw that she didn't reject him.

''Hmmm? It seems I need to solve whatever issue I have on my side, before you tell me anything about our childhood, right, Bowen?'' A perfectly shaped eyebrow arched on Lin Lihua's forehead.

''Yeah, I don't want anything to come between us, like your cousin or that actress that seems to be glancing at me,'' Lu Bowen replied seriously before asking, ''Although I feel something will happen to you as your cousin brought that actress, and you might not want me to be involved. But please do not do anything that will endanger you .''

Lu Bowen gripped Lin Lihua's hand like he did not want to let go at all.

''...Hmm,'' Lin Lihua smiled and spoke softly. ''I know you are here for me, Bowen.''

She also returned his intimate action by caressing his cheeks lovingly, and Lu Bowen did not avoid her touch by leaning into her soft palm.

He stared into her eyes and saw the trust and understanding that reflected in those eyes for him.

''Is there anything you need me to do?'' Lu Bowen lifted his head from her touch. His heart felt warm for Lin Lihua, who trusted him no matter what.

'It has always been like that since she visited me after a long time at her twelfth age.' He recalled his sixteenth age when the twelve-year-old Lin Lihua proposed a verbal contract to him and remembered those blue eyes that had trust for him. Trust that he would treat her well, even if, to her, he was a stranger that would be her husband. Someone that would be her life partner.

''Yes, there is something I need you to do, Bowen,'' Dropping her hand, Lin Lihua's eyes curled up as her eyes flashed coldly, ''Please do call Han chi into the hall. He needs to carry someone.''

'Since you do not want to leave me alone in this life, then be prepared for me, Lin Jiali.' She glanced blankly at Lin Jiali, speaking with a servant as they walked away from the busy banquet.

Happy new week readers🥰