Meeting the Lu branch family (2)

Alluring and sexy deep hazel-colored eyes that attract one without knowing, black, luscious hair that tempts one's hand to run through it, sturdy and muscular built that gives a sense of security to any lady, and a handsome face sculpted without blemish. With all the good qualities of a wealthy and successful man, Lin Jiali couldn't take her eyes off the gorgeous man securing the arm of her cousin, her hateful cousin.

Lu Bowen.

She almost couldn't control her love-struck expression as she stared at the man of dreams, the man she loved more than her life and family, and the man who could make her a queen. Lin Jiali would do anything to be Lu Bowen's wife and lifelong partner, even if it meant that she had to kill her cousin, Lin Lihua.

Lin Jiali then shifted her gaze to Lin Lihua, holding Lu Bowen's hand with a blank face. Her love-struck expression twisted into a vicious one as her perfectly manicured nails pierced into her soft palm, drawing out a little blood.

'I must get rid of her,' Lin Jiali swore in her heart as her gaze continued to pierce Lin Lihua's figure like she wanted her to die at that moment.

Lin Jiali did not know that she had lost her reasoning because of a man. If she had focused on her surroundings a little bit more, she would have seen her dearest friend, Jing Hebe, glancing at her with a smirk as her dark brown eyes flickered with determination.

''Jiali..'' Jing Hebe called out worriedly, ''Are you okay? Your expression....''

Lin Jiali finally emerged from her imaginary schemes against her cousin, Lin Lihua, and turned to Jing Hebe.
''I am fine,'' She squeezed out a smile, but anyone could tell she wasn't alright.

''Are you sure? But your expression changed when your cousin and that man entered the banquet,'' Jing Hebe asked, confusedly like she didn't know the identity of the man beside Lin Lihua.

Of course, she knew the man. As far as she knows, the boss of her working place was mysterious, but she had heard rumors of his beauty and had the privilege of seeing him once at the beginning of her high school, Hillcrest Livingston School.

Her family was wealthy enough to send her to that school, but could not be compared to Lin's, Lu's, Fang's, and other wealthy families.

She was asked to visit the principal for a minor matter and mistakenly bumped into him on her way to the principal's office. Without shouting or pointing out her mistake, He gently steadied her before leaving without paying attention to her appearance.

His gentle touch made Jing Hebe's heart beat for a man for the first time, and he was the first man not to look at her beauty. That created the desire in Jing Hebe's heart to have him no matter the cost.

From then, she learned everything about him and found out about his engagement from rumors. Her friends, who were young masters and misses, gossiped about it in her class.

Then her hatred of Lin Lihua, who she had never seen or known started. When she finally saw the person of growing hatred, Jing Hebe experienced the feeling of inferiority for the first time.

Lin Lihua had beauty, brains, body, wealth, and status. She could understand why Lu Family would want to engage with her, but she didn't give up and began to plan for the future with Lu Bowen, her man.

She learned about the Lin Branch family's ambition from her friends and investigation and decided to approach Lin Jiali. She also made sure to be an actress to enter Lu entertainment industry to be close to Lu Bowen. Unfortunately, she found out that he did not stay in that part of the company.

Jing Hebe was heartbroken, but that did not stop her goal of becoming like Lin Lihua, with talent, beauty, brain, and status.

'Now that I am finally here, My dear Jiali, you will be the first to fall from the line of threats to my future with Lu Bowen,' She vowed in her heart as she stared at Lin Jiali with an almost invisible smile.

''Bebe, You don't know him?'' Lin Jiali looked at Jing Hebe suspiciously. She could not believe that Jing hebe would not know Lu Bowen after working in his company for years.

''Am I supposed to know him?'' Jing Hebe's brown eyelashes blinked and fluttered innocently, confused like she did not know Lu Bowen.

Lin Jiali stared into Jing Hebe's eyes for a while before speaking, ''That's Lu Bowen, your boss.''

She studied the undisguised shock on Jing Hebe's face and eyes and concluded that Jing Hebe truly did not know Lu Bowen. She also believed her speculation because she told Jing Hebe about her crush on Lu Bowen but had never shown his picture to her. She also knows Lu Bowen was the secretive type, surely, Jing Hebe wouldn't have seen him.

While Lin Jiali was in thought, she did not notice the contempt in Jing Hebe's eyes.
'And you call yourself an actress when you do not know someone is acting for you.' Jing Hebe sneered inwardly.

''Oh my, he's handsome, Jiali. I can see why you fell for him,'' Jing Hebe playfully teased. She said one thing, but her heart was saying another. If Lin Lihua could hear Jing Hebe's thoughts, she would have said, ''She deserved to be called a white Lotus.''

''Hmm, but he's engaged to my cousin. I can't be with him apart from being an in-law,'' Lin Jiali said sadly. She really wanted to be Lu Bowen's wife, but her cousin was standing in her way again.

''Oh,'' Jing Hebe sighed like she suddenly understood the situation. She stood for a while, then moved closer to Lin Jiali, ''Why don't you do this?''

She whispered some words in Lin Jiali's ear.

''You want me to do that here?'' Lin Jiali asked softly after Jing Hebe moved backward a little.

''Well... I am just saying, but this is only what I can think of, Jiali. You know my goal, and I know yours...so....'' Jing Hebe did not complete her sentence, but Lin Jiali could understand the rest without her finishing the sentence.

What stopped them from taking the scheme further when they both wanted to eliminate the same person?

After Lin Jiali thought about Jing Hebe;s words temporarily, she looked toward Lin Lihua's direction with a small smile, ''Let's do it.''

'Then I can finally have him, My Bowen.' She shifted her gaze to Lu Bowen, speaking to a smiling Lu Zihan. Her gaze turned dreamy oblivious to the victory smile on Jing Hebe's lips.

If Lin Jiali had taken a step backward, she would notice something amidst Jing Hebe words from the day they met each other.

She would have questions like why she hates Lin Lihua so much.

Or why did she enter Lu entertainment industry when she could just entertainment industry with her help?

There were so many questions to ask Jing Hebe but Lin Jiali didn't, as she always lost her reasoning when it came to Lu Bowen.

She does not know that after doing whatever, Jing Hebe whispered to her, her smooth-sailing life would turn for the worse very soon.

Hello dear readers, I am finally done with my exams.😌🎉💃 Just finished a paper now.
Hopefully I can update more chapters than my usual updates.
Enjoy and post soon.