Knolling Hills

In the area where there was no road anywhere, the orange van was moving straightforward on the grassy ground.

Ian steadies himself in his nervy state. He was driving slow than his elder brother has.

Barley was baffled at the redheaded human being. He titled his head to his left.

Merida was happy yet difficult. "So I took me morning ride with me horse. I was practicing me archery thru thy forest while ridin' Angus. After that, I climbed up to thy Fire Falls. It was thy golden waterfall by thy Crone's Tooth. Thy Highlands of Scotland was beautiful once ye visit there someday, laddie." She explained.

Barley have to interrupt her. He raised his eyebrow. "I'm sorry, Merida...Your accent...You talked funny anyhow..." Barley recalled.

Ian shrugs. He was smiling. "Barley...Merida's Scottish...That's why she's from Scotland..." Ian believed.

Merida faced the blue skinny elf. "Aye, laddie!" She exclaimed. Merida gestures Barley out. "Your brother understands." She said.

Then, Ian was shy yet happy. "Say, Merida, can you please try to speak how you usually speak to us?" He asked.

She was befuddled. "I do SPEAK to ye laddies the way I speak." Merida added, answering. She faced Barley. Merida shrugged. "What's wrong with the way I talked to ye elves?" She wondered.

The blue burly elf shook his head. "No no..." Barley added. "There's nothing wrong with the way you talked..." He replied.

Barley was irritating. "It's just I CAN'T speak Scottish like you can..." he admitted.

Merida was enthusiastic. "Oh, I get ye, Barley..." she said.

The Lightfoot brothers are perplexed at Merida.

The blue burly elf looks at her blankly. Barley blinks his eyes twice. "Wait, you do?" He asks.

She nodded her head twice. "Aye, Barley!" Merida answers in her exclamation.

Ian glimpsed at the front van mirror. "Uhhh, what's happening here?" He inquired.

She faces the blue skinny elf. "Ian! I can teach your brother to speak Scottish!" Merida exclaimed.

The Lightfoot brothers are stunned.

Barley was anxious. "Teach ME to speak Scottish?!" He added, freaking out. "I don't even know what a Scottish IS!" Barley shouted.

She gestured herself. "I am SCOTTISH. And I CAN teach ye." Merida confirmed in her determination.

The blue burly elf breathed out heavily. Barley was bewildered. He raises his eyebrow once more.

Ian was fearful. He concentrated on the clearing path. "Ooooooh boy..." Ian mutters.

She gestures at her mouth. Merida shows the blue burly elf her teeth. "First, loosen your entire mouth." She instructed.

Barley let his lips open up a little bit.

Merida rolled her eyes. She huffed. Merida shook her head. "You gotta loosen everything." She instructed again.

The blue burly elf was confused. "Ooookaaaay..." Barley said, not sure how to do still.

Merida points at the blue burly elf's mouth. "Your lips, your teeth and your tongue..." she instructed again.

Barley drops his mouth a lot more. He narrows his teeth so much lower. Barley lets his tongue stick out of his lips. The blue burly elf looked like his mouth got numb.

Merida was glad. "Good." She added. Then, Merida demonstrates her tongue. "Now, try to get your tongue towards the back of your throat." She instructed once more. Merida was persistent.

Barley was mad. "Ma tong wards th bac of ma oats?!" He exclaims while his tongue was still sticking out (My tongue towards the back of my throat?!).

Ian was agitated. "Will you just do what she says, Barley?!" The blue skinny elf argued.

Merida was frowning at the blue burly elf. "Put your tongue at the back of your throat, Barley!" She vented.

The blue burly elf was exasperated. "Al rife, al rife! I ill do if! I ill do if!" Barley ranted. He sounded so ridiculous (All right, all right! I will do it! I will do it!).

Barley puts his tongue back in his mouth. He tried to move it towards his throat. The blue burly elf efforts to not lose his cool.

Merida was calmed down. "Okay." She added. Merida was grinning. "Is your tongue toward your throat yet, Barley?" She inquires.

The blue burly elf gives her a thumbs up. Barley was happy yet awkward.

Merida was curious. "Is your mouth loosened?" She inquires again.

The blue burly elf frowns at her. Barley kept his tongue towards his back of his throat. The blue burly elf loosens his lips and teeth. Barley gave her a thumbs up again.

Merida was contented. "Good." She was ready for her final Scottish speaking lesson to the blue burly elf. Merida was serious. "Now repeat after me..." she said.

Merida took a deep breath. "Hullo, hoo are ye?" She recited in her Scottish accent (Hello, how are you?).

The blue burly elf narrowed his eyes. Barley was not amused.

Merida gestures to the blue burly elf. "Now ye try." She mentioned.

Barley inhaled his breath with his nostrils. The blue burly elf seems determined at first. Then, Barley was cheerful. "Halo, hop ar ya?" He recites incorrectly.

Ian stepped on the brakes on Guinevere II. The blue skinny elf was astounded. Ian sits up from the driver's seat. "What did you say, Barley?" Ian wondered.

There was an awkward silence for the threesome.

Barley was unanticipated for his saying in Scottish.

Merida was disbelieved. Then, she was blowing her raspberry. Merida holds her stomach. She perturbed. And then...

Merida was laughing at the blue burly elf. She snorts from her nose.

Barley was really stumping about Merida's hysterical laughs.

She cannot quit chortling.

Ian glances at her. "Merida, what did my brother say?" He wondered again.

She snorted twice thru her chortles. "Halo, hop ar ya!" Merida replied in exclamation. She screamed happily. Merida kicked her legs frantically. She continued to laugh harder.

Ian was confident. The blue skinny elf was chuckling. "Wow...That was really bad..." Ian commented.

Barley looked at his youngest brother. He was annoyed. "Ian, can we switch places please?" Barley added, inquiring. "I'll drive my van." He volunteered.

Ian was smiling big. He raised his eyebrow. Then, Ian was mischievous. "Naaaa...I'll just keep driving on." The blue skinny elf added, replying. Barley was dumbstruck. Ian sat back on the driver's seat. "I think Merida was starting to LIKE you..." The blue skinny elf pushes the accelerator on.

The orange van was shifting forth.

"AW, COME ON, IAN!" Barley shouts.