Heart-to-Heart Talk at Loch Lake

In Loch Lake, the trio of Lightfoot family sat together near the lake.

The back of the van double doors are opened. Merida sat on the back of Guinevere II. She was confused.

The Manticore and the centaur are talking for awhile about the human. They are baffled. It was odd to see the human for the first time in the United Realms.

Merida wanted for them to see anyone who would come and talk to her.

She recognized it was Officer Colt Bronco who went towards her.

Merida was anxious.

The centaur was sympathetic. "Now, miss, you are not in trouble or anything. I just needed you to answer some questions for me if you can." Colt added, reassuring. "Think you will do that for me?" He asked.

Merida was relieved. Then, she nodded her head. "Aye, I think I understand, centaur." Merida answered.

Colt was happy. The centaur chuckles with her. "Well I'm glad to hear it." He said.

The Manticore went to the Lightfoot group. She was stressed. The Manticore sighs. Then, she was smiling at the blue burly elf. "I think the sword was yours, Barley." The Manticore mentions, presenting his weapon.

The blue burly elf was cheerful. "I can't believe it." Barley added, taking his sword. Laurel and Ian are happy for Barley. The blue burly elf looked at the Manticore. "How did ye get it back for me?" Barley wondered.

The tavern owner was bewildered. "I...paralyzed the gremlin..." The Manticore replied awkwardly. She smiles and laughs to herself.

Barley, Ian and Laurel are laughing with the Manticore.

Laurel was delighted at her two sons. "Boys, I saw her paralyze the gremlin once in the pawn shop. The Manticore and I are trying to get the Curse Crusher from there." Laurel explains.

Ian was amazed. "Really, mom?" He added, inquiring. "I thought the Manticore had it when the Curse Dragon was brought to life." Ian said.

Barley was edgy. "Actually, Ian...The Phoenix Gem was cursed..." he added, smiling. Barley was cunning. "I guess the Manticore forget to tell us about that..." he mentioned.

The Manticore was sheepish. "My bad." She admitted in her comment.

Laurel shook her head. She was perturbed. Then, Laurel was bothered. "Barley, Ian, this has not happened before..." she added. The Lightfoot brothers are melancholy at their mom. Barley and Ian have to talk with her about Merida. Laurel was unanticipated. "Merida? The human in our world? The Brave Wilderness? The Teleportation Gem? What was going on back in the Manticore's Tavern?" Laurel asks too much questions.

The blue skinny elf sighed. "Mom...Merida followed the wisps...They lead her to the witch..." Ian answers.

Laurel raises her eyebrow. "The wisps? And the witch?" She wonders a couple questions.

Barley took a deep breath. "They're the wee ghosts that lead ye to your fate to be change. We are warned not to follow them. And the witch brought Merida to the Manticore's Tavern." He replies.

Laurel was pursing her lips. She was blowing her raspberry.

Barley was concerned. "Mum! I'm telling ye what they are! And your holding your laugh at me!" He exclaimed.

Laurel was cheerful. "I'm sorry...But you sound funny when you speak like that..." she confessed.

Barley was annoyed. He crisscrossed his arms. "It's Scottish, mum. Merida taught me how to talk like this. And I have been speaking with that accent since yesterday." Barley explained.