The Way to the Lake of Nessie

In Dunbroch's castle dining room, the Lightfoot brothers watched King Fergus tells the story of how Mor'du became a legend.

Barley was interested.

Ian was nervous.

Harris, Hubert and Hamish imitated their father's gestures.

The king was thrilled. "Here it was, just out of nowhere, the biggest bear you have ever seen. As high legend were the weapons of fallen warriors, his face scarred with ONE...DEAD...EYE...I drew my sword and..." King Fergus tries to finish his story.

Merida goes between her three brothers and the Lightfoot brothers. She was serious yet mischievous. Merida gestured the rest of the story. "SWISH...He swung his sword at the bear...Mor'du slashed the blade...His sword was shattered and...CHOMP...The king's leg was clean off...Down to the monster's throat it went..." she mentioned.

King Fergus was disappointed. "Aww, that's my favorite part!" The king exclaimed.

The princess heads between the Lightfoot brothers.

Barley and Ian are smiling at her.

Merida finished up the story. "As the years passed, the clan of the elves, known as the Lightfoot brothers, came to The Ring of Stones. Barley mentors his youngest to stop Mor'du. Iandore the Good Wizard thrusted his staff and...POOF...The demon bear was turned into stone." The princess added. Harris, Hubert and Hamish are gasping. They are amazed at the elves. Barley chuckles. Ian made an awkward smile. Merida points out. "And the spirit of the strongest and eldest prince of his four brothers appeared...The elder prince from one kingdom has rested his soul, thanking the Clan Lightfoot for stopping Mor'du for his tyrannical ways as a bear. And the rest is another legend." The princess recited.

Merida walked to her father. She puts her hands together.

The Lightfoot brothers are surprised.

Ian was disbelieved. "Wait, that Mor'du you mentioned is the prince all that time?!" He exclaimed in his inquiry.

King Fergus nodded his head. "Aye..." The king added. King Fergus was frowning. "I searched all over Scotland for Merida. It's so harder to believe that Mor'du was the prince who became the demon bear. But he still has to be stopped." The king confirmed.

Barley was perplexed. "So the witch's spell has been happened before." He whispers.

Ian sighs. "So the legends around Scotland are ringed to be true..." he said.

Laurel and Queen Elinor arrived in the dining room.

King Fergus was cheerful to see his wife. "Elinor, we are just talking about the legend of Mor'du, love." He said.

The queen nodded her head to her husband with her smile.

Laurel was excited. She went in between her two blue elf sons. "Barley, Ian..." Laurel added. The Lightfoot brothers faced their blue elf mother. They are confused. Laurel holds their shoulders. "The queen finds the way to get us back to our world..." she indicated.

The Lightfoot brothers have their eyes widened. "Really?" They asked in unison.

Laurel nodded her head thrice times. She grinned in her answer. "We have to go to Loch Ness Lake, The Lake of Nessie." Laurel added. She pulled out the scroll. Laurel shows it to them. "I already got the incantation for the Teleportation Gem." She mentions.

Barley and Ian checked out the scroll. They raised their eyebrows.

Look up for the way
Wish within your heart
Set the place without delay
Return to where you last depart

Barley blinked his eyes twice.

Ian was puzzled. "This is the incantation for the Teleportation Gem?" He wondered.

Queen Elinor was confident. "Aye..." The queen added, replying. Queen Elinor fingered upwards. "But to make the magic of teleport work, ye, Clan Lightfoot, must stand still while it makes progress." She instructed.

Ian was glad. "Okay, that doesn't sound so hard." He believed.

Several moments later, Clan Dunbroch and Clan Lightfoot are almost to the destination.

Barley and Merida are behind with the others.

They are delighted at each other. They chuckled too.

Then, the blue burly elf was bothered. Barley takes the princess's right hand. "Wait..." he urged.

Merida faced the blue burly elf. The princess was perplexing. "What's on your mind, Barley?" She asked.

The blue burly elf sighed. Barley made a sad smile. "I wanted ye to know that I'm gonna miss having a friend like ye. Princess or not, ye are what ye are to me." He admits.

Merida was pleasing. "That's sweet of ye..." she said.

Barley recognized. The blue burly elf was sympathetic. "Oh, and I also wanted to give ye this." Barley mentioned.

The blue burly elf took a deep breath. Barley's right hand takes off his black beanie out of his head. The blue burly elf was prepared for his moment. He kneeled down with one knee. The blue burly elf closes his eyes.

Barley kissed Merida's right hand.

The princess was bewildered.

After a few seconds, the blue burly elf made a smooch sound. Barley opens his eyes. The blue burly elf sits up steadily. Barley was smirking. The blue burly elf shrugs. "Consider this as the token of our friendship." Barley said.

Merida was relieved. "Then ye and your brother, including your mum, are my first elf friends from the different world I have ever had." She said.

The blue burly elf was baffled. "I seriously don't get it." Barley said.

The princess sighs. Merida was acknowledging his confusion. "Oh okay..." she added. Merida was smiling yet so sure. "I don't want to get married, I want to stay single and let my hair flow in the wind as I ride thru the glen, firing arrows into the sunset..." The princess clarified. Merida was happy of herself to talk out loud.

Instead of the blue burly elf giving her his blank face, Barley was gladdened. The blue burly elf bowed with his wicked grin. "Princess Merida of Dunbroch, your heart's desire to stay single has been granted." Barley stated.

The princess was happier from the blue burly elf. Merida ran to Barley for the embrace. "Ye made me so happy, ye sweet elf guy!" She exclaimed.

After the princess hugged the blue burly elf, Barley was stunned. His face becomes red as the Phoenix.

Queen Elinor was astonished.

King Fergus smiles while chuckling.

Laurel and Ian are astounded.

The blue skinny elf facepalmed himself. "Oh Barley." He muttered.

The Lightfoots' blue elf mother raises her eyebrow. "I can see why he's having trouble with girls." Laurel said. She was referring to Barley.

Ian felt bad for his elder brother.