In Guinevere II

In Barley's orange van, Laurel patted Bear Merida on her head.

The blue burly elf drives his Guinevere II.

The bear princess looks at her. Bear Merida made an animal noises solemnly.

Laurel was puzzled. She smiles awkwardly. Laurel shrugs herself. "Sorry, Merida, I don't speak bear..." Laurel stated.

Barley and Ian looked over to the bear princess.

Barley was melancholy. The blue burly elf sighs. "Merida's asking if she'll ever be a human, mum..." Barley clarified.

Laurel and Ian are surprised at Barley.

The bear princess glanced amusingly at the blue burly elf.

The blue skinny elf has his eyes widened. "Barley, you can understand BEAR?!" Ian exclaimed in his inquiry.

The blue burly elf looked out for the area. Barley nodded his head. "Yeah..." he added, shrugging his shoulders. The blue burly elf smiled a bit. "Just how it's behavin' like Blazey..." Barley confirms.

Laurel was annoyed. "Merida's just a human girl, not a bear." Laurel vents.

Bear Merida smiled at Laurel.

Laurel smiles back at Merida.

Laurel facepalmed herself. She perturbs. Laurel was gloomy. "Oh I am SO stupid. I let the princess eat a bit of the cake." She argued.

Ian was sympathetic. "Mom, you didn't know that the cake was homemade by the witch." The blue skinny elf added. "Barley and I are concerned after the cake just disappeared. We were going to warn you and Merida too." Ian said.

The blue burly elf was smirking. "Ian, mum can handle suspicious things AND edible things too." Barley mentions.

Laurel facepalms herself again. "Ooooh, I should have looked before I let Merida eat it." She complained.

The bear princess makes animal noises again.

The blue skinny elf was perplexed. "Barley, what did Merida say?" Ian asked.

The blue burly elf sighed. Barley was glum. "Don't blame yourself. It's not your fault." He interpreted.

The bear princess frowns. Merida growls at the blue burly elf.

Laurel and Ian have no idea about the bear princess being upset.

Barley was triggered. The blue burly elf used his van brakes.

Guinevere II was stopped.

Barley rotates himself a bit. "Merida, I almost didn't bring ye back home because of my brother. Your mum sent ME to the castle dungeon, because SHE thought we stole ye away from Scotland." He vented.

Laurel doesn't like the blue burly elf's episodes with the princess. She was patient yet firm. "Barley, don't make it worse on Merida here please." Laurel warns.

The blue burly elf was solemn. "I'm much worse with the princess..." Barley added, looking down at his steering wheel. "Merida was right...I am a messed up and an embarrassment..." he admitted.

The blue burly elf buried his face on the steering wheel. Barley sighs in frustration.

Laurel and Ian felt awful for Barley.

The bear princess observes the Lightfoots.

The blue skinny elf holds his elder brother's right shoulder. Ian was melancholy. "Barley...I don't think you're a messed up and an embarrassment..." he whispered.

Laurel hovers her blue burly elf son. She made a sad smile. "Barley, are you okay sweetie?" Laurel asks quietly.

The blue burly elf did not make answers.

Instead, Barley was sobbing.

The Lightfoot brothers' blue elf mother was sadder. Laurel has not seen the blue burly elf crying horrible before. "Oh Barley...Sweetie, it's okay to cry...It's okay..." She reassured. Laurel rubbed her blue burly son's back.

The blue skinny elf has his awkward smile on. "Maybe I could drive your van the rest of the way." Ian added. "Trade places, Barley?" He wonders.

The blue burly elf might looked tough yet he has soft spots. Barley uplifted his head. The blue burly elf glanced at the front van mirror. Merida's bear form was real. Sure, she's from Scotland and loves her family. Barley was beyond hurt. The blue burly elf took a deep breath. "The sooner we get to the gem, the better we keep going and don't hold back. Ian's graduation is two days away. We gotta hurry." Barley declares in his whisper.

The Lightfoot brothers switched seats in Guinevere II.

The blue skinny elf drove most of the way to The Brave Wilderness.

Laurel stroked Bear Merida's back.

The bear princess watches the Lightfoot brothers.

Ian was compassionate. The blue skinny elf touched his elder brother's left arm. "Thanks for your concerns about me, Barley." Ian said.

The blue burly elf haven't look at his youngest brother. Barley grasped Ian's right hand under his. "No prob, Ian...Just...don't hold back..." Barley whispered.

It was sad brotherly love for the Lightfoot brothers.

Once Ian goes to Willowdale College after high school, Barley would end up on the different life.

How can the world not see one blue elf clearly?