The Centaur

Colt Bronco was driving on the other side of New Mushroomton. He was just doing his night patrol.

The Centaur drank his to-go mug of coffee.

Then, he heard his phone ringing.

Colt puts his little electronic headphone on his ears.

The centaur was confused with his phone call at nightfall.

Colt accepts to answer his phone. "Laurel?" He inquired.

The centaur was startled by her worried voice.

"Colt, I need you to find my boys! Barley and Ian! Something has happened tonight!"

He cleared his throat. "Sweetheart, calm down..." Colt said pitifully. The centaur steadies his police car. He focused the upcoming traffic.

"Colt, my sons are going for the Teleportation Gem!"

The centaur was baffled about her exclaiming anxiety. "The what gem?" He inquires.

"It's hard to believe, Colt...The Manticore told me that the human came to her tavern moments ago..."

The centaur choked on his coffee. He coughed up a few times.

"Oh, Colt! Are you okay?!"

The centaur tries to take deep breaths for awhile. He touches his throat with his left hand. "Sorry...Coffee went in the wrong way..." Colt wheezes. The centaur clears his throat again.

"Oh..."

Colt was relieved that his hysterical moment was gone. The centaur was bewildered. "Laurel, did you say the HUMAN arrived in the Manticore's Tavern?!" He asked in exclamation.

"I know it's crazy, Colt! But it actually happened on this night!"

Her answer was confirmed. The centaur was smiling yet difficult. "Honey, it is crazy! There wasn't a human being in this world!" Colt mentioned.

"Oh, the Manticore just arrived at my house! I gotta stop my boys before they reached the forest!"

He detected her panic. The centaur was concerned. "Wait, wait! Laurel! At least tell me where they're heading!" Colt shouted.

He can barely heard the Manticore's voice.

The centaur heard his phone got hung up.

Colt was aggravated. He tossed his headphone off of his head. The centaur left it on the empty front car seat. Colt sighed. He had to take action hastily. The centaur grabbed the police communicator. Colt was serious. He had to find clues about the forest. "Station, this is Colt Bronco...Requesting the navigation of someplace out of New Mushroomton..." The centaur reported.

He heard one of his police officer friends.

"Colt Bronco, this is Specter...Where do you want me to direct you to?"

The centaur was glad to get someone. Colt finally got out of traffic. He turned his car left to park in the Swamp Gas. The centaur brakes his police car near the curb. "Specter, do you know the forest around the United Realms?" Colt wondered.

The centaur waited for the cyclops's reply.

He hears her certain voice.

"Colt, there's the Brave Wilderness around the map. Just north of the town." Specter confirms.

The centaur took a deep breath. He was bothered.

"Colt...Are you considering yourself about taking a vacation or something?"

The cyclops sounded curious.

The centaur was bewildered. Then, he had an idea. "Yeah...Yeah, I was gonna plan to take Laurel and her sons for a hike..." Colt made up his excuse. The centaur chuckles.

"That sounds great, Colt...Return to the Station and report the vacation day...And...get some sleep...You're gonna need it to spend time with the Lightfoots...Over and out..."

He was pleased. "Copy that, Specter...And thanks...Over and out..." The centaur said.

Colt huffed. He was not thrilled. "Not again..." The centaur mumbled.

Colt turns his police car around. He was heading back to the police station.