Barley

Ian Lightfoot got graduated from New Mushroomton High School.

The Lightfoots, Officer Colt Bronco the centaur and the Manticore celebrated at the tavern.

Sadalia the female elf, Cyclopes the cyclops and couple more Ian's friends came to the Manticore's Tavern.

The celebration lasted all night.

One day later, in 313 Pennybun Lane, New Mushroomton, Ian packed his luggage for Willowdale College. He still worries for his elder brother after yesterday from The Brave Wilderness.

Ian goes looking for his mother. Just to talk about his only concern about Barley.

Laurel does her morning daily exercise with her tv on.

Blazey the little green dragon would run after Ian. The little green dragon gives him kisses. Ian laughs with Blazey.

Laurel stopped exercising. She turned off her tv. Laurel sprays the little green dragon down with her water spray bottle.

Blazey went back to her bucket lair (bed).

Ian was perplexed. "Mom, have you seen Barley?" He asked.

Laurel was bothered. She shook her head. "No I haven't..." Laurel answered.

Ian was unanticipated.

The blue skinny elf heads out the front door. Ian surveyed the driveway. Guinevere II is still there. The blue skinny elf sighed in relief. Ian was glad.

The blue skinny elf walked to the back of Barley's orange van. Ian makes the knocking on the van double doors.

Knock! Knock, Knock, Knock, Knock!

The blue skinny elf waits for his elder brother's knocks back. Ian was annoyed. The blue skinny elf tried again.

Knock! Knock, Knock, Knock, Knock!

Ian crisscrosses his arms. The blue skinny elf taps his left foot thrice times. After a few moments of waiting, Ian growls. The blue skinny elf knocked on the back van double doors once more. He banged it hard.

KNOCK! KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK!

Ian backed up a couple feet away. The blue skinny elf hears Barley's scream.

WAH! DRAGON!

Ian sighs. The blue skinny elf goes to Guinevere II. Ian goes knocking on the back of the orange van one last time.

Knock! Knock, Knock, Knock, Knock!

The blue skinny elf backs up six feet away. Ian narrowed his eyelids. The blue skinny elf ultimately heard his elder brother's knock in return.

Knock, Knock...

Ian was happy yet irritated. "I am so gonna tell off my brother about his ridiculousness..." he muttered. The blue skinny elf walks to Guinevere II. Ian was fierce. The blue skinny elf opens the back van double doors swiftly. "Barley, would you stop getting moped up and listen to me?!" Ian ranted.

The blue burly elf was bewildered. Barley blinked his eyes once. The blue burly elf just stared at his youngest brother. Barley raised his eyebrow. "Okaaaay, Ian..." he acknowledged awkwardly.

The blue skinny elf was frowning. Ian crisscrossed his arms again. "You said you didn't want me to leave for college! You also said I'm the only friend you've got! We spent two years! TWO YEARS taking dangerous quests together!" The blue skinny elf added, venting. "Have you ever try asking me to play your board game before?" Ian wondered.

The blue burly elf was resolute at his youngest brother. "Ian, I did asked you to play 'The Quest of Yore' with me two years ago. You said 'NO' afterwards." Barley replied in his argument.

The blue skinny elf growled. "Ask me again." Ian urged.

The blue burly elf shrugged. "What?" Barley inquired.

The blue skinny elf stares back at his elder brother. Ian tightens his teeth. He furrows his eyebrows. "Ask. Me. Again. Barley." The blue skinny elf urges thru his teeth.

The blue burly elf took a deep breath. Barley was peeved. "Ian, do you wanna play 'The Quest of Yore' with me?" The blue burly elf asked.

The blue skinny elf was wide-eyed. "YES, BARLEY!" Ian answered in exclamation.

The blue burly elf was astonished. Then, Barley was perplexed. "You want me to visit you while you're in college?" He asks again.

The blue skinny elf was exasperated. "YOU'RE DARN RIGHT YOU SHOULD VISIT ME!" Ian rants in his answer.

The blue burly elf was solemn yet puzzling. "Wanna grab something to eat from Burger Shire for breakfast?" Barley added, inquiring. "You looked stressed anyhow." He mentioned.

The blue skinny elf was mad. "I'M NOT STRESSED!" Ian shouted.

The blue burly elf grasped his youngest brother's shoulders. Barley looked in his eyes. "Ian, relax. You just got graduated from high school. You're taking yourself too fast over college. Take deep breaths. Don't hold back." He reassured.

The blue skinny elf breathes in and out with ease several times. Ian was anxious. He looks back at his elder brother. "Barley..." Ian whispered.

The blue burly elf was cheerful. "Hey, you can still be a wizard in my favorite board game." Barley said.

The blue skinny elf was smiling yet awkward. "Yeah..." Ian added. "What are you gonna be in 'The Quest of Yore' game?" He wonders.

The blue burly elf was smirking. "Oh, I played some characters on my board game before..." Barley added. The blue burly elf lists his characters he goes mentioning. "Warrior, rogue, bard, healer-" Barley almost finish his replying.

The blue skinny elf had to interrupt his elder brother. "Archer." Ian guessed.

The blue burly elf was baffled. Barley blinks his eyes twice.

The blue skinny elf shrugs. "Merida is the Scottish princess of archery. You can play that character to remind you about her." Ian mentions.

The blue burly elf was chuckling with his smile. "That is an awesome thought. Me, playing the archer in 'The Quest of Yore', just to remember Merida from our last quest together in Scotland." Barley said.

Then, the blue burly elf was not amused. "No." Barley protested.

The blue skinny elf was happy. "Maybe you could just play a warrior in your game instead...?" Ian asked.

The blue burly elf made his wicked grin. "Yes." Barley answered.

The Lightfoot brothers got themselves in the orange van.

Barley sat on his driver's seat. Ian was next to his elder brother.

Barley and Ian glanced at each other.

They have been gladdened for one thing in their brother-bonding-time together.

Barley and Ian wouldn't take on real dangerous quests like they did two years ago.

Yet they can do in the board game, The Quest of Yore.

Barley and Ian hugs their shoulders in their embrace.

After that, Barley drove his Guinevere II to Burger Shire with his youngest brother.

Ian might go to Willowdale College, but he always had Barley as his mentor, protector, master of quests and his only true brother.

If the wizard lost his way, the warrior will always got his back.

The Lightfoot brothers in The Quest of Yore.