The Manticore's Tavern

Officer Colt Bronco understood Merida's mommy issues. The centaur told the Lightfoot brothers that he's going to escort them home to New Mushroomton.

Laurel convinced her two sons that facing the demon bear is too much. Trying to get the gem in the Brave Wilderness is too dangerous.

Barley and Ian acknowledged their mother's concerns.

The Manticore suggested that they returned to her tavern for food. She declares eating her restaurant to be on the house.

The centaur and the Lightfoots are confused at the Manticore first of all.

The Manticore explained to them that she forgives Merida for stealing the griffin's egg.

The Manticore mentioned that Merida not only got the egg from the griffin's nest.

The princess found the Wind Gem.

Barley and Ian are stunned at Merida.

So the quest for the Teleportation Gem was aborted. Until the Lightfoot brothers are figuring out how to beat the demon bear named Mor'du.

——————————————

In the Manticore's Tavern, Colt, Laurel, Barley and Ian are eating soups in their cauldrons. They faced the Scottish princess.

Colt was confident.

Laurel was impressed.

Barley was slightly annoyed.

Ian was smiling.

The customers of the Manticore's Tavern watched Merida telling stories to them. They are interested of the only human of the United Realms.

The princess was mischievous yet resolute. "There was I with the two elves, Clan Lightfoots, have faced the griffin in battle. The flying beast was strong than the mightiest sword-fighter. Barley and I are no match for the griffin. Then, Iandore the Good Wizard casted the fireball at the flying beast. And the griffin flies no more in our fierce fight in the Knolling Hills." Merida recited.

One of the pink sprites was curious. It was Dewdrop. "Is it true that you are a human like you said you are, lady?" She asked.

The princess nodded her head. "Aye." Merida added, grinning. "A human from Scotland from the different world." She confirmed.

Dewdrop was thrilled. "That's so cool!" She exclaimed.

Merida became the center of attention. She was greeted by many mythical creatures who visited the tavern. The cyclops', satyrs, elves, gnomes, ogres, pixies and more.

Laurel sighs. "Wow, the princess of Dunbroch just got popular all of a sudden." She stated.

Colt smiled. "The human with a sense of adventure in her, I'll tell ya that. It's unusual for her to appear out of nowhere by the witch though." He uttered.

Laurel was bothered. She looked at the centaur. "Colt, wouldn't her family be worried about Merida?" Laurel wondered.

The centaur wasn't concerned. "Laurel, the queen was hard on her daughter. She had even takes her archery set away from Merida." Colt replied.

Barley and Ian are solemn at the centaur.

Barley was concerning. "Wait, what?" He inquired.

Ian was anxious. "Really?" He inquired too.

Colt shrugged. "Yeah." The centaur added. Colt faced the Lightfoot brothers. He was serious. "Trust me, you two, there's nothing wrong about being yourselves. The princess tried to be herself, but her mother doesn't approved her personality." Colt mentioned.

Laurel was melancholy. "Poor Merida..." Laurel whispers.

Ian took a deep breath. "So that's why the princess won't talk about her mom. The queen that you spoke of, Colt..." Ian said.

The centaur nodded his head twice. Colt was sure. "Consumed with pride, one of the only causes for kids to run away." The centaur added. "It's perilous to have a human out in the world of mythical creatures. Not everyone was friendly like us. Someone's gonna protect Merida." Colt urged.

Laurel was frowning. "I agreed with you, honey." She added. Laurel was delighted. "She can stay with us until then." Laurel suggested.

Barley was surprised.

Ian was cheerful at his blue mother elf. "Mom, that was so nice of you!" He exclaims.

Laurel grins. "Hey, I wanna know what is like to have a daughter around the house. Merida will be welcomed with us. Not gonna regret it." Laurel reassured.

Ian chuckles with his blue mother elf.

Barley looked down at his food for a couple seconds. Then, he stared at Merida bafflingly.

The princess giggled at Dewdrop. The pink sprite punk woman smiled at Merida. The princess gestures at the sprite's sparkling little wings.

Barley pities Merida. The blue burly elf ponders about Mor'du in the Brave Wilderness. Barley was determined. He decided to consult his favorite board game, The Quest of Yore. To defeat the demon bear.