001.

(no ghost readers or i'll vecna you)

Roa finished applying her clear watermelon-flavored lipgloss, she put the tube down onto her cabinet.

She sat on the floor as she put on her black converse, getting up once she finished tying the laces.

She walked down the stairs that led to her family's book store, King's bookstore. This gave Roa the chance to get away from her bedroom during the summer.

She walked towards the entrance of the store and turned the closed sign to open, unlocking the door in the process.

The black-haired girl stepped behind the counter, standing behind the cashier. As she waited for a customer to come in, she started putting the price stickers on the new book stack her parents left.

Usually, her parents would do that but they were out doing errands for their store.

The bell rang, indicating that someone has entered the store.

Roa looked at the entrance, noticing a redhead placing down their skateboard. Realizing it was max mayfield. Everyone knew who she was, the redhead's brother had passed away in the starcourt mall fire.

"Hi, how may I help you today?" Roa smiled as the redhead approached her.

"I was wondering if you had any comics in here?" the girl answered, hoping she'll say yes.

"of course we do, we have a corner for those. let me show you the way," said Roa.

As the two teenage girls walked in awkward silence, Roa tried to make small talk. "What type of comic are you looking for?".

"marvel or dc", the redhead muttered.

"We have plenty of those here," Roa stopped at the corner, watching as the other teenage girl looked in awe. "They're all in alphabetical order. Hope you enjoy."
__
Roa bagged a costumers purchase and waved goodbye as they left the store.

After a while, max had finished picking out new comics and went to the cashier.

"good picks you got here," Roa scanned the comics. "and that'll be $23.47".

"you guys have good pricing," the Mayfield girl noted as she handed the money over to the black-haired girl.

Roa may have sneaked in a discount, she only did it 'cause max had purchased from the store for the first time.

she handed the comics back to max, "thank you! come again."

"I definitely will," max stated as she picked up her board and walked out. Roa watched as the redhead put on headphones and started to skate away.

"I should've told her my name", Roa slapped her forehead.

++++
jasmin's corner.
omg hi, this is the very first chapter, im so excited for this book! i hope you guys like it.

ty theGOONdocks for this plot!!!

sign out gif was made by wheelerblossom