014.

𝗘𝗣𝗜𝗦𝗢𝗗𝗘 𝗧𝗪𝗢𝘷𝘦𝘤𝘯𝘢'𝘴 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘦

𝗘𝗣𝗜𝗦𝗢𝗗𝗘 𝗧𝗪𝗢
𝘷𝘦𝘤𝘯𝘢'𝘴 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘦

roa woke up as she felt max jolt up from her sleep, gasping for air.

"red?" roa groggily said. "you alright?" she turned to spot max hiding her face in her hands. she slowly put her arms around max to comfort the girl.

max leaned in and sobbed quietly, and both of the girls sat in peaceful silence.

a soft knock was heard on the door, "girls, it's time to wake up"

"we're up mom!" max called out. "okay!"

"let's head to the kitchen," max held onto roa's hand.

roa took out two cups and filled them with water, handing one to max in the process. she took out a Tylenol bottle and took a pill.

"you okay?"

"just a headache," she sent a reassuring smile to roa. both of the girls turned their heads once they heard police sirens.

"let's go be chismosas," roa said.

max tilted her head, not understanding. "nosy"
"ohhh, okay let's go see." both of the girls walked out of the trailer.

three police cars pulled up in front of eddie munsons trailer. "looks like that munson boy's up to no good again." susan, maxs mom, popped up.

max ignored her mom and walked down the stairs with roa. as they got closer, roa took a peek over an officers shoulder. noticing a crumbled body on the floor, a cheer outfit, and blonde hair. chrissy.

"oh, god." roa's hand flew up to her mouth, holding in the bile that was rising up. "oh fuck." roa sobbed as she threw up to the side. max rubbed a hand behind her back as she let roa do her thing.

"hey! you guys can't be out here. get back inside," an officer informed them.

"don't you see she's throwing up? wait." max glared at the man. roa finished, "it's fine, red."

"let's go," both of the girls ran inside the trailer park.

as soon as they got inside, roa splashed cold water onto her face. inhaling as she looked at herself in the mirror.

"you okay rory?" she heard maxs voice.

"i'm okay red."

"good. because we're gonna go visit a friend."

ro watched as max rang the doorbell to an unknown house. a curly-haired boy with a hat answered it. he looked at max in shock, then confusingly at the mystery girl beside her.

as they sat in his room in silence, "do you know who it was?"

"chrissy cunningham." roa rushed out. dustin, his name was informed by max, looked at her.

"i'm sorry, who are you?" max smacked the back of his head. "that's my girl dipshit."

"sorry sorry," he rubbed the back of his head.

"you sure it was her?" he paced around the room, and both of the girl's eyes followed him.

"yes!" the two girls said in sync. "she was wearing her cheer outfit," max continued. "same thing she was in when we saw her with eddie."

"did you tell all this to the cops?" dustin asked.

"no. they stood out, people must have seen them, we can't be the only ones."

"eddie the freak with chrissy the cheerleader?" dustin made a face.

"exactly what max means. his name isn't in the news yet or anything. we can't just assume he murdered chrissy, right?" roa slowly said, turning to max, she nodded in approval.

"that's crazy" dustin quickly defended his friend, "he didn't do this, no way."

"we can't rule it out!" maxs arm went in the air.

"yes we can," dustin said.

roa stood still, eyeing both of them as they spoke. "dustin"

"you don't know him like i do, guys. he was nice to me when no one was" max rolled her eyes, and roa stood behind max, resting her chin on her shoulder.

"they said the same shit about ted bundy," max said.

"and I-65 killer," roa chimed in.

dustin made a face, "so you guys are saying eddie is like ted bundy and the I-65 killer?"

"i mean if you see it that wa-"

"no! we're saying that we can't presume anything, alright?" max interrupted. dustin sighed and sat on the edge of his bed. he looked up, "why haven't you guys said anything to the cops yet?"

"we don't know," max sighed as well.

"you don't know?"

"that's what she just said," roa rolled her eyes, starting to get agitated.

"But, something else happened." max informed, she looked over at roa, "the lights were flickering, and the tv was acting stupid. but then we both heard eddie scream and drive away in a scramble."

"he seemed terrified," roa continued for max.

"maybe something else killed her," roa quirked a brow at dustin.

"are you saying like an invisible force or something?"

both of the teens looked at roa, "that's impossible, right?" she bit her lip as they both stared at her.

dustin cleared his throat, "there's only one person who knows what happened, right?" the girls nodded.

"get up, we're going somewhere." the teens rushed out of his home.