006.

roa had been counting down the days until saturday

roa had been counting down the days until saturday. and finally, that day was today. she picked her white shirt with mini flowers on it, she put on simple jeans with her black converse.

"what has you all chirpy today?" her mom came into the bathroom as she spotted her daughter fixing her bangs.

"i'm hanging out with someone, other than iris." roa clapped her hands, her mom smiled at the girl.

"ohh, is it a boy?" roa made a face when her mother asked, shaking her head no.

"a girl."

"oh. well remember what i told you about that." her mother sternly said. "it's a sin."

"to hang out with other girls?" roa rolled her eyes, "we're just watching a movie and eating ice cream."

"i don't want you to turn into those people," her mom pointed a finger at her, "you already know this roa king. your father will be hearing about this."

"mom, stop. just let me live a little" roa walked out of the bathroom and started to head downstairs to meet max outside.

before walking outside, roa grabbed a cassette tape with a song that she thought max would like.

max stood up once she heard the bell chime, indicating roa was there.

"hey ro," max smiled as roa fixed her shirt.

"hi max," roa blushed a little.

the teens just stood there staring at one another, roa noticed the little freckles that covered her cheeks. her eyes blue like the atlantic ocean. fiery red hair like wanda maximoff's.

max noticed the freckles that aligned across the hispanics cheek. her puppy eyes staring right back at her.

"so um, are you ready?" max cleared her throat.

"no."

"oh, well i can wait," said max as she watched ro chuckle.

"i'm kidding, i'm ready." she smiled.

"do you want to get icecream first or get the movie first," max asked as they started walking.

"let's pick the movie first so the icecream won't melt," said roa as she looked down onto the ground, not wanting to step on the cracks.

max joined in, "okay. let's go."

the pair entered the store, FamilyVideo. roa looked around in awe, all the movies on the shelf were calling her.

"nice, right?" roa nodded.

"welcome to family video. let any of us know if you need assistance," a guy with nice hair said.

"Thanks, steve," max muttered as she walked to another section.

roa raised her brow, squinting as she spotted a familiar blonde's hair. "robin?".

"roa? oh my- hey!" robin cheered and climbed over the counter, walking towards the hispanic girl.

"you know her?" steve guy said.

"no. she kidnapped me," roa stared at steve, he turned around stiffly.

"dingus. how you been?" robin asked. the older teenage girl used to babysit roa when she was in elementary school.

"i've been good. you?" roa smiled.

"same as well, you've grown so much. well, i'll leave you be," robin winked as max approached the duo.

"may i steal roa? okay, thanks." max held onto roa's arm.

"so these are the options," max showed roa. "sixteen candles, the breakfast club, the neverending story, or teenwolf."

roa bit her lip and put her finger under her chin, "hmm." max looked down at the girl's lip but looked up once she took her finger off.

"not the neverending story. that song on the radio scared me shitless, but the breakfast club sounds good," roa chose.

"i agree," max responded. "let's go get icecream now."

after the two girls got their icecream, they walked to the redheads house. (max hasn't moved yet).

as they walked up the driveway, roa noticed a damaged blue camaro. "i like the car."

max smiled sadly towards the car, "thanks. it was my brothers."

was. that word pulled a string in roa's heart. "i'm sorry." max sent a reassuring smile towards roa.

"it's okay. my step dad hasn't trashed it yet. i don't want him to. but anyways, let's go inside."

++
jasmin's corner.

finishing this next chapter ;)