013.

𝗘𝗣𝗜𝗦𝗢𝗗𝗘 𝗢𝗡𝗘𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘶𝘣

𝗘𝗣𝗜𝗦𝗢𝗗𝗘 𝗢𝗡𝗘
𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘶𝘣

summer ended a while ago. which hurt roa, but she knew max was just pushing everyone away once again. she missed her. she didn't even know if they were still together, but if they were, then roa didn't mind max going ghost.

it was the middle of march. it was the last day of the week before spring break.

roa skated her way towards the entrance, tapping her fingers to the beat on the cassette that was playing love is a battlefield.

since then, roa has gotten better at skating. she couldn't help but feel sad that max wasn't by her side like usual.

she stepped off her skateboard and picked it up. she paused as she saw max get out of the bus, looking down. she looked at her surroundings, pausing slightly as she spotted the king girl staring at her.

roa went to wave, but max scurried away. she bit her lip, not wanting to frown. she sighed and walked inside the school.

"hey, roa" chrissy cunningham greeted her fellow cheer mate.

"hey chris," roa gave her a side hug.

"nervous for right now and tonight?" chrissy smiled while holding her textbooks.

roa nodded as she put her board in her locker. "you know it. a lot of people."

chrissy shrugged, "you'll get used to it. besides, i'll be by your side." she winked at the hispanic girl who giggled at her antics.

"sounds good chris. i'll see you there." roa smiled

the cheerleaders ran out onto the gym floor, roa doing a backhand spring and posing once she got up. she then stood beside chrissy, shaking her hips and moving her pom poms up and down. then finally they finished.

"and let's hear it for your tigers!" everybody cheered and clapped. the basketball team ran through a big sheet of paper.

"first off, i'd like to thank each and every one of you," jason, chrissy's boyfriend, spoke into the microphone. "without your support, we wouldn't be here. give yourselves a big hand."

roa clapped slowly as she just stared at the floor, mumbling a bunch of profanity words. she just wanted to get this over with.

"thanks to the tiger cheer squad!" jason pointed over to them.

"woo," ro deadpanned. "chrissy... i love you, babe."

everybody awed. "you know, i think i can speak for all of us when i say it's been a tough year for hawkins. so much loss. i looked at my team," jason looked at his team, "and said, think of jack. think of melissa. think of heather. think of billy."

"what a dick." roa mumbled to herself. she turned to look at max, but she was already staring at her girl. ro sent a sympathetic smile, max looked away. she swore she could see a faint smile from her.

later on, she had her final class period. which max was in. roa sat in her usual spot, not far from her girl.

after doing some work, max gasped quietly as blood trailed from her nose. roa looked at max in worry as she scrambled out of the class. the black-haired girl followed closely behind. the teacher just shrugged.

"red," roa called out, trying to keep up.

"what," max snapped, which roa froze at. max wiped her nose with the piece of paper towel. "shit. i didn't mean to-"

"it's fine. i just wanted to check u-"

"i'm fine. okay? don't worry about it." max walked out of the bathroom, leaving the king girl standing in the bathroom.

after the game ended, roa ran straight toward max. who seemed to be rushing out.

max put her skateboard down and started skating. roa mimicked her actions and went at the same pace as her.

max took notice of roa's presence, not minding she was with her this time. they both skated silently.

as they arrived at maxs new home, which was at a trailer park (?) they picked up their boards and walked side by side silently.

roa broke the silence, "did i drive you away, red?" she turned to her.

"what? no, no!" max rushed out, "you didn't." she frowned once she saw the hispanic girl hiccup. "i'm sorry."

"for what?" roa questioned, finding her hand entangled with maxs as they sat on the bed.

"ghosting and for earlier today."

"max, don't apologize, okay? i understand."

"really?" max looked into roa's eyes, and she nodded. both of the girls leaned in and kissed. they both let out a breathless chuckle as they laid their foreheads together.

maxs dog started barking like crazy, "i think your dog is barking."

the redhead smiled at her humor, "alright alright, we hear you." both of the girls sat up and walked out to the front.

"we're here." max bent down to feed the dog, passing some to rory so she can feed it as well.

roa scratched the top of the dogs head as max comforted the dog. a van playing loud rock music made both of the girls' heads turn.

roa noticed chrissy coming out of the van with eddie munson. she furrowed her brows as max squinted.

max cleared her throat and turned to ro, "wanna spend the night?"

roa smiled, "always, m'lady." max kissed the side of her head as they headed inside.

+++
jasmin's corner
LONG ASS CHAPTER BUT OMG. episode one down!
slay roa

 episode one down! slay roa