009.

few days later

few days later.. roa laid on her sunflower bedsheets as she stared up at the ceiling. she's been thinking about her feelings, which had been growing since she last saw max.

she grabbed a pillow and screamed into it, not hearing her door open as her best friend walked in.

roa threw her pillow to the side, hearing a soft thump. she turned and screamed once she saw iris. "holy pigs!" this time, she threw her stuffed seal.

iris just stood there, "are you okay?" she put her hand on her chest.

roa rolled her eyes playfully, "i'm fine. you almost made me shit myself." she watched as iris sat onto her bed with a package. "ouu, what's that?"

"i don't know. you tell me," iris handed the package to roa.

roa read the top of the package that said, 'from red.' the hispanic girl blushed as she read the name, opening it.

she saw a red walkie-talkie, still in its box. it was missing the other one though.

iris rose a brow, "so, who's red" she asked as roa took out the walkie.

"wanna take a guess?" roa smirked as she watch iris' face fall, the other girl groaned. "you've said her name before."

"oh oh! does she skate?" roa nodded, "it's max."

"wron- wait, you're right." roa let out a small laugh. "i knew it!!" iris threw her hands up.

"you guys would make a great couple," iris pointed out. "do your parents know?"

"they know she's a girl. they haven't met her yet." roa hugged her knees, her arms folded over them. (i forgot what it's called)

"i have a gut feeling they'll like her".

roa brushed her hair as she watched the breakfast club.

a radio sound interrupted her thoughts, she turned to her talkie. pressing the button that allowed for the person to hear, "hello?"

"roa!" she heard maxs voice through the talkie. "what are you doing?"

"wow, hey max!" she said excitedly, she brushed her hair a little to hard. "ouch."

"hi roa," she heard her soft giggle, "you okay?"

"i'm okay. don't worry. but hey, what's up?"

"nothing much, what are you doing right now?" max smiled, even though roa couldn't see her.

"on the floor, brushing my hair. what about you?" said roa.

"outside your store. meet me outside."

"okay?" she put the walkie down, putting on her converse. she snuck downstairs quietly. she wondered why max was outside.

ro stepped outside, spotting max sitting on the bench. "hi."

"oh hey ro," max smiled as she stood up. "do you accept the risk?"

"doy," roa clapped her hands. "i'm ready and i accept." she saluted while staring at max.

max grinned, "okay, soldier. let's go."

"vamos." roa exclaimed while max held onto her hand. she blushed at this contact.

the duo arrived at a random elementary school playground. it was almost 12am, roa checked the time on her watch.

at this point, she didn't care if she go in trouble.

the pair arrived at the swings, max bowed. "after you m'lady."

"why thank you, darling." roa winked at max. the redhead blushed, thankful that it was dark.

the black-haired girl sat on the swings as max went behind her to push. "ready?"

"give it to me, hulk." ro giggled as max pushed her. her legs swinging in the air.

both of their giggles filled the quiet humid night. later on, max pushed herself. she insisted that roa stay on the swing.

"thank you, for everything." roa yelled as they swung at the same speed.

"anytime, darling." max clapped her hand over her mouth after realizing what she called ro.

ro smiled to herself, about to say something until lights flash their way.

"hey! who's there?!" a deep voice boomed as he pointed the flashlight to the swings.

"oh shit," the duo said in sync. "let's go."

the pair ran off the playground.

roa put her hands on her knees as she gasped for air, "that was so"

"awesome," max slumped next to her. "i had fun."

"me too." roa smiled, not noticing their hands are still touching. their palms fit each other perfectly.

+++
jasmin's corner.

AHHHHHH