020.

𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘺 pt3

𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑
𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘺 pt3

roa sat on the couch, glancing at max once again. she saw max turn her head a little.

"i know you guys are staring at me," max pointed out.

"what, sorry?" everyone said.

"who?" roa looked away and started playing rock,paper, scissors by herself.

"you said you needed something?" lucas looked up from the newspaper.

"just hanging out," steve started tossing a ball in the air.

"how you think your eyes boring
into the back of my head is protecting me from vecna, i don't know," she stood up and walked towards their way.

roa was still playing, max sighed. "you can look at me now."

"thank you, sorry." they all said at the same time.

max handed dustin a envelope, "for you," then handed one to steve, "for you," then to lucas, "for you", she turned to roa, "and, um, you."

roa was looking at max sadly, gripping onto the envelope. maxs gaze lingered on hers, she cleared her throat. "oh, and, um, give these to mike, el, and will." she handed the others to lucas.

everyone started opening their envelopes, "what are you doing? no, don't. that's not for now, don't open it now," max rushed out.

"okay," roa lifted her hands up as everyone stopped. "what is this, red?"

"it's um, it's a fail-safe. for after. if things don't work out," max implied.

roa sat straight up, "wait, whoa. red, things are gonna work out," she defended.

"no!" max ushered out, "no, i don't need you to reassure me and tell me it's all gonna work out. people have been telling me that my entire life and it's almost never true," she ranted.

roa looked down at the floor, she felt steve rub her back.

"it's never true," max stated, her voice lowering as she looked at roa. "i mean of course this asshole curses me. should've seen that one coming," she sighed and turned away. picking up the walkie-talkie. "if we go to east hawkins, will this reach pennhurst?"

"of course. yeah," dustin replied.

"why are we talking about east hawkins?" steve furrowed his brows. max gave him a look. "no. no. no!"