4. Changes

(Transformers Armada and Energon are not mine. The picture above is a wallpaper.
"talking"
'thinking'
:minicon:
Enjoy!)

The children felt something was up, though they did not question the bots much. They knew that something was happening, that they were not being told about. Kicker had become very attached to Optimus and Starscream and raised a fuss when his parents had to leave. Rad's mom bless her soul had offered to watch over Kicker while they finished their work. Brian and Miranda were confused and flustered by Kicker's clinginess towards Rad. Especially after Rad's father joked, Kicker probably wanted a younger sibling.

The two decided they would think about it and Kicker was almost four years old. So it was not a bad time to have a second child, plus with their income they could easily afford the cost of another child very easily. Kicker however wanted to stay with Rad just so he could be closer to Optimus and Starscream. The young red head felt very safe and warm around the two of them the most. So, everyday Rad would return from school, pick Kicker from the kindergarten and head to the base.

Rad's mother would always remind them, they get lunch at home first and they would have to take a detour home. Then, they would go to base and the toddler would pretty much cling to a flustered Starscream. If the seeker was not available he would latch on to Optimus, making Rad apologize. But Optimus insisted he did not mind the company and Kicker was not much trouble at all. Since Kicker was spending more time with the leader and Starscream the rest of the kids followed suit.

Much to Hotshot's envy, he could accept Optimus getting the kids undivided attention but not anyone else. Not to forget, Starscream that bastard knew, he knew how he felt and would always smirk smugly at him. He wanted to punch his smirking mouth plate off sometimes, especially when Hotshot noticed Alexis seems to be forming a crush on the orange seeker. It had been Rad who cornered Alexis while Kicker was napping with Optimus and he and Sideswipe had been passing through.

Flashback:

Hotshot, "Hey look, it's Rad and Alexis."

Sideswipe, "Rad looks really serious."

Hotshot, "Shush! I want to listen to what they are talking about."

Rad, "We need to talk."

Alexis, "About what?"

Rad, "Alexis answer in yes or no. Do you like Starscream?"

Alexis turned red, "Huh? What are you talking about?"

Rad, "Yes or no, Alexis."

Alexis looked away from Rad with red ears, "Yes, a bit."

Rad nodded, "I thought so."

Alexis, "You won't tell anyone, will you?"

Rad smiled comfortingly at her, "I won't say a word, though I think, Optimus, Red Alert and Scavenger probably noticed it. You are not exactly subtle."

Alexis turned red again, "Ah! I.. Um.. Do you think Starscream you know noticed?"

Rad gave her a what do you think look, "I don't have a doubt. He is older than any of us, so yeah he probably picked up your interest by now."

Alexis groaned hiding her face behind her hands, "Oh my God! He probably thinks I am a silly child with a crush. There is no way he would return my feelings. Not to forget the species difference between us."

Rad pat her shoulder, "I am sure it's not that bad."

Alexis glared at him from between her fingers, "Rad! He will live longer than my own grandchildren will be able to live. I will die before that and the last thing I want is to... You know?"