6. Path to Cybertron

(Transformers Armada and Energon are not mine. The picture above is a wallpaper from a colour book.
"talking"
'thinking'
:minicon speech:
Enjoy!)

Watching their home planet become smaller and smaller by the minute made the kids feel a little emotional. It was real, they were heading to Cybertron to hopefully help their friends out with the war. There was no guarantee they would return anytime soon though. In fact one look at the pantry and the kids could easily tell it was packed for two years. Alexis did not know how to feel about that and when she raised questions about shelf life, apparently Cybertronian methods of preservations are superior.

Rad, "You okay?"

Kicker nodded, "Un.. I will just miss Cade, Charlie and Misha."

Rad, "They are friends you made in school, right?"

Kicker beamed, "Yeah, Cade wants to be an inventor, create new stuff, Charlie wants to help her Dad run their business and Nisha wants to become an environmentalist."

Alexis smiled, "They sound like wonderful friends, Kicker."

Kicker grinned, "They are really nice. I hope, they will not get involved in the war."

Carlos, "Do not worry, little amigo. We will think of a way to end the war."

Billy, "Or die trying."

Fred, "Billy, let's try not to die okay? I do not think our mom and dad would be happy."

Billy coughed, "Yeah, they would find a way to bring us back to life, then ground us for eternity."

Alexis sweat dropped, "Uhhhh thanks for making this freaky you two."

Carlos, "Way to ruin the moment."

Kicker and Rad laughed and an alarm rang making them jump in surprise. The minicons guided them to the main control where they learned that they were reaching a bunch of asteroids close to Mars. Alexis then commented it was probably the asteroid belt that was part of their solar system. They would either have to go over it or below it because the asteroid belt is not going anywhere.

Sideswipe, "If we adjust the back rotors, we could go above it, going below would take longer."

Hotshot nodded, "That's fine. Let's do it people."

Rad, "Come on Kicker, put on your belt. I think this ride is going to be a little bumpy."

Kicker, "Okay!"

The Autobots worked on directing the Axalon into moving above the asteroid belt. The kids watched as the ship rose above the asteroid belt and started to move forward. There were some asteroids that they hit and that caused the Axalon to shake and tremble. Kicker gasped as he grasped Rad's hand tight, feeling scared and wishing either Starscream or Optimus were there with him. Starscream looked up feeling the fear from the sparkling bond and was left wondering how.

Starscream decided to send his feelings, 'Never mind! It is okay, little spark. It's alright. You are safe.'

Kicker opened his eyes, 'Huh? Star? Is that you? Where are you? Are you okay? I miss you. Alexis misses you.'

Starscream's mouth twitched in amusement, 'I am fine sweet spark. I am more worried about you dear one. Are you safe?'

Kicker, 'Yes, now that you are here... Well not here but you know.'

Starscream, 'Where are you little one?'

Kicker grinned, 'Headed to Cybertron. I will see you soon.'

Starscream, "What?"