12. Battle!

(Transformers Armada and Energon are not mine. The picture above is from an official art book.
"talking"
'thinking'
:minicon speech:
Enjoy!)

Kicker watched as Rad came out of Bumblebee's cab, the yellow scout had offered to give his cousin and High Wire a ride. He hugged his cousin as he reached him, Starscream and the others were nice but he missed his cousin. Kicker nuzzled Rad who hugged him tighter and Starscream had grudgingly invited Bumblebee inside as well. Bumblebee was looking around curiously, he had never been inside Vos City and looking at it from inside was nice.

Rad nudged his little cousin, "Come on Kicker. I made dinner and got more food for you for the week."

Kicker, "Yay!"

Rad chuckled, "And homework too."

Kicker pouted, "Awww!"

Bumblebee giggled, "You just can't escape from studies."

Starscream chuckled, "Come Rad, Highwire, your rooms are this way... I am actually more surprised Lord Prime let you leave. Last I remember, he was not willing to let you go."

Bumblebee chirped, "Oh! He was reluctant alright. The only reason Rad was let go was because they are planning a full scale attack."

Highwire muttered, :I don't know if it will even work.:

Rad murmured, "I just hope he will be alright."

Kicker who heard him tightened his hug, "He will be okay, Rad. Oppi is strong."

Starscream, "Kids, do not fret. Lord Prime now has Lord Megatron watching his back."

Bumblebee, "Yeah, they are the strongest Autobot and Decepticon fighters. They will be alright."

Rad nodded and followed the seeker to the main building which was located in the middle of the City. Bumblebee's optics widened on seeing where they were going and Starscream gave him a look. Bumblebee did not say anything and followed them to the Castle of Vos. The yellow scout knew Starscream was high ranked for a Decepticon but he did not realize he was part of the royal line. But even then for him to go as far as house his sparkling in the castle was a bit over the top. The yellow scout could not help but wonder if there was more going on if the seeker was keeping the young sparklings in such a high security area.

Starscream, "Here is your room. It took a while to get it set up."

Rad looked around wide eyed at the room, "This place is so fancy and huge. It could house our whole family. Plus Alexis, plus Carlos and Fred and Billie's families."

Kicker, "I told him the same thing."

Starscream, "It's not that this place is huge. It's just that you humans are small compared to us."

Rad was still looking around, "Ummm.. This place is as big as our home town... Huh!"

Bumblebee piped up, "How about I help you put your stuff away?"

Highwire, :Thank you! Come on Rad, let's unpack first. We can have a tour after.:

Kicker, "Good idea. Papa already showed me around. I will show you around later."

Starscream was about to say something when he was called by Megatron who was calling for air support. The seeker grunted in affirmative and told Bumblebee to watch over the two while he went to help his leader. Bumblebee simply nodded and helped settle Rad, he was staying for a few days in Vos City. Bumblebee had felt honored on bring picked as their Guardian. He had barely finished his education when the war took a turn for the worst. He had joined the scout team but most scouts acted solo and it was pretty lonely.